Turn on thread page Beta

How do women date so easily in this day and age? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelike1)
    This is gonna sound really shallow (because men are pretty shallow) but you need to be at least a 7 (preferably an 8) out of 10 in the looks department to even have a chance at being approached by a random guy on the street.

Do you want a relationship or do you just want to be approached?

If it's the former you could try dating sites.

If you just want a guy's attention just hit a club.

You can get very good looking guys despite being average/below average yourself with the above two. But if you want a long-term relationship you'd need to be somewhat above average.
    Beauty is subjective. What makes a person a 7 or 8 ?
    I got approached randomly a few months ago at a computer repair shop. I certainly don't think I looked amazing.
    IDC about it anymore. I have lost my desire to date/enter relationship. So it's neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Just read it. Can't really suggest anything other than pick better guys.
    i think her issue is that she's not filtering guys well enough. what i mean by this: she's allowing herself to get ****ed over by not setting boundaries and enforcing said boundaries. as soon as you see a red flag, you should waste no time on moving on. whenever you're talking to someone for the first time, you should see if you're compatable: do you want the same things? as soon as a red flad pops up, e.g., they say they want a fling, they're not ready, let's be exclusive while i find someone better, you walk away because you want something else. don't settle for whatever they want - settle for what you want because it's your time that you're investing. if you catch feelings early, you're just going to have to learn to think with your head (or also your gut in a lot of circumstances) and not with your heart when you make decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    ik ik i dont understand either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
    Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.
    Wow, why do you think guys aren't throwing themselves onto you with this attitude? Stop being so self-entitled and ask out guys yourself if you want a partner, simple. I don't get what's so laborious or difficult about it that you refuse to ask out someone you like?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    ive been told to hold back on dating and the right guy will come to me, so im gonna focus on other aspects on my life and if he comes, he comes i guess
    Fair enough, that's understandable.

(Original post by num.7)
    i think her issue is that she's not filtering guys well enough. what i mean by this: she's allowing herself to get ****ed over by not setting boundaries and enforcing said boundaries. as soon as you see a red flag, you should waste no time on moving on. whenever you're talking to someone for the first time, you should see if you're compatable: do you want the same things? as soon as a red flad pops up, e.g., they say they want a fling, they're not ready, let's be exclusive while i find someone better, you walk away because you want something else. don't settle for whatever they want - settle for what you want because it's your time that you're investing. if you catch feelings early, you're just going to think with your head and not with your heart when you make decisions.
    I had the same thought tbh.

ReputationRep:
    lmfao this post has to be bait. Today it is easier THAN EVER for women to get laid.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty is subjective. What makes a person a 7 or 8 ?
    I got approached randomly a few months ago at a computer repair shop. I certainly don't think I looked amazing.
    IDC about it anymore. I have lost my desire to date/enter relationship. So it's neither.
    Not completely subjective.

99% of the population would agree that Henry Cavill is better looking than Jesse Eisenberg.

Massive level of objectivity in beauty - harsh but true.

ReputationRep:
    ik ik i dont understand either
    That's never happened to me. Surely you get approached at least once :s what us your daily schedule like? Are you in places conducive to flirting and mingling or good convo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Wow, why do you think guys aren't throwing themselves onto you with this attitude? Stop being so self-entitled and ask out guys yourself if you want a partner, simple. I don't get what's so laborious or difficult about it that you refuse to ask out someone you like?
    What did I say wrong? I AM OKAY WITH STAYING SINGLE. I don't understand what I said was wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    lmfao this post has to be bait. Today it is easier THAN EVER for women to get laid.
    I think she's being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    It's not 'bait' and she's not asking to get laid. She wants a relationship to come to her.

Read fred m8

ReputationRep:
    What did I say wrong? I AM OKAY WITH STAYING SINGLE. I don't understand what I said was wrong lol
    Ok, so why do you expect guys to make the first move?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
    Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.

this is rather an extreme statement to make

what exactly is the issue with approaching first that would cause you to make such a statement?

is it extreme anxiety when trying to approach or something?

maybe somebody can help.

ReputationRep:
    Guys tend to approach girls they find pretty or who look like they have a decent attitude.

I wonder why guys aren't approaching you. It seems to be a mystery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    this is rather an extreme statement to make

what exactly is the issue with approaching first that would cause you to make such a statement?

is it extreme anxiety when trying to approach or something?

maybe somebody can help.
    No I haven't got anxiety.
    Eventually I will get sick of constantly having to chase after guys and it just seems so difficult so yes I would rather die alone than to stress over dating
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No I haven't got anxiety.
    Eventually I will get sick of constantly having to chase after guys and it just seems so difficult so yes I would rather die alone than to stress over dating
    i hear you on that one sister

try online dating

men ask you out easily on there

ReputationRep:
    Finally, someone understands me. Thank you!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    try online dating

men ask you out easily on there
    I've considered it. So many times lol. I even made a few accounts to even check but no online dating almost never works it wont make me feel comfortable

ReputationRep:

don't encourage her

if she ends up on old cat lady, part of that is on you :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Finally, someone understands me. Thank you!

I've considered it. So many times lol. I even made a few accounts to even check but no online dating almost never works it wont make me feel comfortable
    i do, first hand experiance too

(Original post by ANM775)
    don't encourage her

if she ends up on old cat lady, part of that is on you :P
    you know whats been going on with me, its true

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.