Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok so I have an interview for a recruitment consultant and I'm travelling a long way to attend and would move if I got the job.

I've never done this type of work before. So I'm worried I will mess it up and I'm also on the autistic spectrum so that will be a challenge even though I like challenges.

Got any tips please?

You do want the job right? If it's only an interview and you don't have experience, unless you are very enthusiastic (and can convince that the job can be done well and taken seriously), why would you get the job? If the worries are just like social worries, then I would say to just be honest and hopefully the potential for talent will shine through

Are you purely driven by money and able to lie and deceive at will in order to get that money and not take no for an answer? If the answer is yes, you will do very well. If the answer is no, you may wish to try something a bit more humane. I have dealt with agents over the years and they are all lying money grabbers who won't take no for an answer.

Good luck!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.