Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only one? watch

Announcements

I brush my teeth in the morning however not before I sleep. I was never brought up bruhsing my teeth at night as a kid so now I'm struggling to at 19. Although, I've tried making it into an habit but it hasn't been very successful.

Is there anyone else that doesn't brush their teeth twice a day?

ReputationRep:
    Gross, you go to bed with a dirty mouth? Your morning breath must be really something.

In all honesty though, please try to get into the habit for your own sake.

ReputationRep:
    😷😷 yeh I know everyone has there dirty habits but this one is kinda gross.... I couldn’t think of going to bed and not brushing my teeth? Try setting an alarm for yourself? Getting tooth paste you like? Or even just mouthwash to start off with?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Volibear)
    Gross, you go to bed with a dirty mouth? Your morning breath must be really something.

In all honesty though, please try to get into the habit for your own sake.
    I brush first thing in the morning though.

(Original post by ScarlettCake2)
    😷😷 yeh I know everyone has there dirty habits but this one is kinda gross.... I couldn’t think of going to bed and not brushing my teeth? Try setting an alarm for yourself? Getting tooth paste you like? Or even just mouthwash to start off with?
    I have dinner quite late so tend to fall asleep or just become tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I brush first thing in the morning though.
    Morning breath is the breath you have when you first wake up. Anyway, that aside, it's just really bad for your oral and dental health. You're not going to be able to get away with this forever.

Morning breath is the breath you have when you first wake up. Anyway, that aside, it's just really bad for your oral and dental health. You're not going to be able to get away with this forever.
    It's not that bad actually.. I understand it is something I need to change but I guess lazyness gets in the way and habits are hard to form.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad actually.. I understand it is something I need to change but I guess lazyness gets in the way and habits are hard to form.
    You would say that but have you had an opinion from someone else?

True. I suppose if your teeth start rotting out of your mouth you won't have to worry about brushing at all sooner or later!

You would say that but have you had an opinion from someone else?

True. I suppose if your teeth start rotting out of your mouth you won't have to worry about brushing at all sooner or later!
    No, I haven't.

I have been to the dentists they haven't said anything about my teeth being bad and I have zero fillings and rarely drink fizzy drinks.

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't.

I have been to the dentists they haven't said anything about my teeth being bad and I have zero fillings and rarely drink fizzy drinks.
    This is why I said it won't last forever. Some people take terrible care of their teeth growing up and are fine. Others take great care but genetics mean that they still may have a mouth full of fillings etc.

What I'm saying is that one day your teeth will develop problems and these problems will likely not only be embarrassing, but also expensive to sort out. Why would you risk is getting to that stage just because you are too lazy to change your habits? Do you do this for everything in life? If you had an unsusual lump or spot that may or may not be cancerous, would you not bother getting it checked out because you are too lazy?

Do what you want but just because something has been working out for you so far, doesn't mean that it will work for the rest of your life. You're only 19 years old and still have a lifetime left to live with your body.

I don’t brush mine at night don’t see the point you’re not doing anything at night and you’re only gonna brush them again in the morning. However if you’re sharing a bed with someone I would definitely brush my teeth at night

ReputationRep:
    i don't. sometimes i tried to get into habit for brushing my teeth before bed but i just couldn't do it. from young age i was just taught to brush once in morning and it stuck. so yeah, i m with you mate! 😸😸

I don’t brush mine at night don’t see the point you’re not doing anything at night and you’re only gonna brush them again in the morning. However if you’re sharing a bed with someone I would definitely brush my teeth at night
    Because bacteria builds up which can start to dig away at the tooth? I think it is worse at night as our not doing anything to change the mouth contense (like with drinks) so it happens more so? I might just be making up rubbish but I think I heard something along those lines somewhere.

I often get too down to do my teeth at night :-( Though have been trying harder recently.

This is why I said it won't last forever. Some people take terrible care of their teeth growing up and are fine. Others take great care but genetics mean that they still may have a mouth full of fillings etc.

What I'm saying is that one day your teeth will develop problems and these problems will likely not only be embarrassing, but also expensive to sort out. Why would you risk is getting to that stage just because you are too lazy to change your habits? Do you do this for everything in life? If you had an unsusual lump or spot that may or may not be cancerous, would you not bother getting it checked out because you are too lazy?

Do what you want but just because something has been working out for you so far, doesn't mean that it will work for the rest of your life. You're only 19 years old and still have a lifetime left to live with your body.
    It's just easy to forget. I apprecaite your bluntness and honesty though and making me feel awful about not brushing my teeth. I think I needed this :lol:

Because bacteria builds up which can start to dig away at the tooth? I think it is worse at night as our not doing anything to change the mouth contense (like with drinks) so it happens more so? I might just be making up rubbish but I think I heard something along those lines somewhere.

I often get too down to do my teeth at night :-( Though have been trying harder recently.
    If you want it might be good to make a habit tracker and try form the same habit with someone else encourgaing you..

It is difficult to form habits.. At the start I guess you'd struggle to upkeep it even if you say you definitely would.

ReputationRep:
    when you go toilet before bed, sit down and brush then.

ReputationRep:
    I brush my teeth in the morning however not before I sleep. I was never brought up bruhsing my teeth at night as a kid so now I'm struggling to at 19. Although, I've tried making it into an habit but it hasn't been very successful.

Is there anyone else that doesn't brush their teeth twice a day?
    m8 it's just brushing your teeth lol you autistic? Just brush your teeth before bed how hard is it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't brush my teeth either before bed either. I mean I drink enough water after dinner to make sure it's clean enough. Who cares?

(Original post by petalsunrise)
    when you go toilet before bed, sit down and brush then.
    I dont before I go bed.

(Original post by Eruthien420)
    m8 it's just brushing your teeth lol you autistic? Just brush your teeth before bed how hard is it?
    I eat dinner late. And then go upto my room and just end up falling asleep.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.