Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer to study Architecture, with grades AAA. My predicted grades are AAB, so I was just wondering how likely would it be for me to get a place with those grades? Would ABB be even more unlikely?

I was supposed to receive a lower offer of AAB-ABB anyway as I had completed Realising Opportunities, but this wasn't included in my offer for some reason :/
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TheFame)
    I've received an offer to study Architecture, with grades AAA. My predicted grades are AAB, so I was just wondering how likely would it be for me to get a place with those grades? Would ABB be even more unlikely?

I was supposed to receive a lower offer of AAB-ABB anyway as I had completed Realising Opportunities, but this wasn't included in my offer for some reason :/
    Is realising opportunities like Access to Sheffield?
    If you have completed it then contact the organiser and ask why it isnt reflected in the offer. Chase this up.

Leniency depends on how competitive and then how many places they have left once all people who have met the offer have accepted. They then look at remaining cnadidates who are near misses or have ec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Is realising opportunities like Access to Sheffield?
    If you have completed it then contact the organiser and ask why it isnt reflected in the offer. Chase this up.

Leniency depends on how competitive and then how many places they have left once all people who have met the offer have accepted. They then look at remaining cnadidates who are near misses or have ec.
    I imagine it's similar to Access to Sheffield, yeah... You write a research essay, and should get a lower offer from a handful of unis. I emailed Admissions at UoS when I got my offer (so a week ago tomorrow), but have yet to get a reply from them. Should I email RO about it as well?

Imagining the Architecture course is fairly competitive, too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They're usually quite lenient, letting you off by one grade is fairly common, two quite a bit less. You really just have to wait until results day though.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.