Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I recently received an offer from Cardiff met to study Foundation Leading to Health Sciences (B901) since I didn't have the needed qualifications for Healthcare science. Basically, in order to transfer to the HS course, I have to pass an interview before being sent an offer (which I thankfully did), complete the foundation with 70 percent total and then resubmit an application.

I called Student Finance Wales to explain my situation and they told me that they had the course written down as Healthcare Science (4 years with foundation) so I would technically be eligible for funding, along with a grant. However, when I looked at the application form, I saw that you had to enter the details of the course (BSc, BA, foundation degree, sandwich course), and since mine is technically a 1 year foundation and not a full course, I don't know what to write down.

I also called the university yet they told me to contact SFW which I had already done. Any advice on what to do?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by HellKnight)
    So I recently received an offer from Cardiff met to study Foundation Leading to Health Sciences (B901) since I didn't have the needed qualifications for Healthcare science. Basically, in order to transfer to the HS course, I have to pass an interview before being sent an offer (which I thankfully did), complete the foundation with 70 percent total and then resubmit an application.

I called Student Finance Wales to explain my situation and they told me that they had the course written down as Healthcare Science (4 years with foundation) so I would technically be eligible for funding, along with a grant. However, when I looked at the application form, I saw that you had to enter the details of the course (BSc, BA, foundation degree, sandwich course), and since mine is technically a 1 year foundation and not a full course, I don't know what to write down.

I also called the university yet they told me to contact SFW which I had already done. Any advice on what to do?
    Do not go ahead unless you get SFW to agree in writing to fully fund the course.

Normally you get degree length +1 gift year, so in theory if it was a 3+1 then the +1 would be your gift year and you would be funded.

It is better if its a degree with inclusive foundation year as then it doesnt use the gift year, which you can then rely on if you fall ill, have a change of mind or have to repeat. Just keep pushing it from both sides. the Uni will want the money and SFW just need nailing down as they already seem to agree. What you dont want is for them to pull funding halfway through having had a change of mind about eligibility.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.