Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nudes... PLEASE READ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have seen two posts within 30 seconds on the main page of underage girls (14 and 12) being bullied, manipulated and forced into sending nudes. This is horrific! They are very young and impressionable girls who have given into the social norms of what an adult relationship should look like. What sick minded person would do such a thing? THIS IS A POST TO EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!
    - If you are over 18 do what ever you like, but be responsible! Long distance relationships are hard and you do need to keep things fresh and interesting CONSENSUALLY.
    - If you are under 18 DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE send naked or half naked pictures of yourself to anyone, be it a boyfriend, family member or some random person online.
    - It is ILLEGAL to ask for and send naked pictures if you are a minor.
    - Some boys think that it is normal and compulsory for a girl to send them naked pictures, this couldn’t be further from the truth! Reality stars like Kim K have normalised it for people to be sending naked pictures - but it isn’t!
    - You should never feel pressured in your relationship or like you can’t say no! If you ever feel like this then alarm bells should be ringing and you should be running for the high hills.
    - Please please please be safe, this is not me being a buzz kill, this is for your own safety and security.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ScarlettCake2)
    I have seen two posts within 30 seconds on the main page of underage girls (14 and 12) being bullied, manipulated and forced into sending nudes. This is horrific! They are very young and impressionable girls who have given into the social norms of what an adult relationship should look like. What sick minded person would do such a thing? THIS IS A POST TO EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!
    - If you are over 18 do what ever you like, but be responsible! Long distance relationships are hard and you do need to keep things fresh and interesting CONSENSUALLY.
    - If you are under 18 DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE send naked or half naked pictures of yourself to anyone, be it a boyfriend, family member or some random person online.
    - Some boys think that it is normal and compulsory for a girl to send them naked pictures, this couldn’t be further from the truth! Reality stars like Kim K have normalised it for people to be sending naked pictures - but it isn’t!
    - You should never feel pressured in your relationship or like you can’t say no! If you ever feel like this then alarm bells should be ringing and you should be running for the high hills.
    - Please please please be safe, this is not me being a buzz kill, this is for your own safety and security.
    If you are claiming this for TSR, then just report them to the mods. I dont see it as a TSR problem in open forums, although what happens in private messaging may be different. I also dont think there are that many 12 and 14 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    Hello sorry my post may have not been clear! No this isn’t happening on TSR, it’s young girls asking for advice about such situations on TSR. I welcome them to ask for as much advice as the wish on this but I was simply shocked that almost two posts after each other there were two young girls asking for help. X 999tigger
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Hello sorry my post may have not been clear! No this isn’t happening on TSR, it’s young girls asking for advice about such situations on TSR. I welcome them to ask for as much advice as the wish on this but I was simply shocked that almost two posts after each other there were two young girls asking for help. X 999tigger
    Think you will find they tend t get sensible advice as in not to do it.
    I dont see it that often and the advise is always a definite NO plus all the risks are pointed out to them. If anyone was asking on open forums for such then the mods usually catch up with them. It happens, but I dont think its the norm for TSR as there are several hundred threads a day. If you stick around then you will see.

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    "Naked pictures to a family member"?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure that it is illegal to ask for pics from someone under the age of 18. The only relevant offence I can think of is s15A of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, "Sexual communication with a child".

(1) A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if—
    (a) for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, A intentionally communicates with another person (B),
    (b) the communication is sexual or is intended to encourage B to make (whether to A or to another) a communication that is sexual, and
    (c) B is under 16 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 16 or over.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I am not doubting that they don’t get sound advice, not in the slightest, I haven’t seen a single piece of bad advice on this topic! All I was trying to do is create a forum in which people can read to get some support and advice for this sort of thing - and upset it hasn’t come across like that. Been here for quite a while now! It was just shocking to me that’s all.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, as far as I’m aware it is illegal! I even saw an article on BBC news a few days ago that in fact if the person who has the sensitive data on their phone is under 18 the offence lies with the parent as they pay for the phone contract - someone under 18 can’t formally take out a phone contract. But thank you for posting the legality’s of it x

ReputationRep:
    And yeh, you are statistically most likely to be abused by a family member (for accuracy a male uncle). Although I haven’t seen a post on TSR about this I thought it would be better to include it x

ReputationRep:
    I saw these posts and I'm 80% sure that at least one of them was a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, as far as I’m aware it is illegal! I even saw an article on BBC news a few days ago that in fact if the person who has the sensitive data on their phone is under 18 the offence lies with the parent as they pay for the phone contract - someone under 18 can’t formally take out a phone contract. But thank you for posting the legality’s of it x
    Possessing the pictures is illegal, yes. I was talking about requesting pictures.

ReputationRep:
    I’m not going to lie, I don’t know the in depth legalities of the situation (and I created this forum to give some light to what they may be). But incessant asking for pictures could be seen as sexual harassment
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I’m not going to lie, I don’t know the in depth legalities of the situation (and I created this forum to give some light to what they may be). But incessant asking for pictures could be seen as sexual harassment
    In fairness if you're asking minors for nudes getting *******ed for sexual harassment is the least of their worries.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.