Turn on thread page Beta

Will the examiner know that I failed before? watch

ReputationRep:
    Failed my first test a couple of weeks ago and have another booked tomorrow. Kind of upset because I got the manoeuvre that I was hoping for (I did the spiciest parallel park I've ever done in my LIFE) and I feel like that chance won't come again second time.

Granted I don't get the same examiner, will the new examiner know that:

a) I failed first time
    b) I got asked to do a parallel park (meaning that I probably won't be asked to do it again, which would be terrible. Is that how it works or no?)

ReputationRep:
    Nope they will have no idea, they will probably ask if it is your first time? But won’t judge you in it! And no the manoeuvre they pick is completely random and dependant on what cars are around x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Like the above says, they will have no idea. I don’t remember being asked whether it was my first time. I also got the same manoeuvre on both attempts.

ReputationRep:
    The examiner knows nothing about you apart from your name and your DVLA license number (unless it's the one you had before ofc).
    When you start the test they may make general conversation and ask if you have done the test before, but that will not influence the test that's in progress.
    All routes are randomly chosen from a list of pre-determined ones, meaning you could get the same route again, just different maneuver location, or even same maneuver location, just depends on the time of day and what's being blocked and what isn't.

Don't worry though, it'll all be fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No they won't know. I failed first time (grumpy examiner, 12 minors 1 major which even my instructor said was a rubbish excuse for a fail, anyway not bitter anymore) and then the second time my examiner was lovely and chatty and much more relaxed. I got the same manoeuvre the second time too and passed with 1 minor. He didn't know it was my second time until I mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies, just did my test and sure enough the dude didn't seem to know anything about me.

I got asked to do a bay park anyways, which was pretty crap but somehow pulled it off.

Well anyways, I ultimately failed my test for a roundabout mishap so HEY. Wish me luck for the third time. F*** me.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.