Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Specsavers contact lense assessment/trial watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have booked a contact lense assessment at specsavers for next week and I have a few questions I wondered if someone could answer.
    1. How long will this appointment take?
    2. Is there any charge for either the assessment or the trial?
    3. Do I have to commit to a direct debit if I decide contact lenses are right for me?
    4. What happens in the appointment?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    They'll discuss whether monthly or daily lenses will be more suited to you. They'll give you lenses that you can try and they'll teach you how to put it in and take it out. This bit can take like 40 minutes cause its so fiddly. And they'll let you go off and try them for week or two and then when you come back you'll have to commit to buying lenses or not. I'm not sure on the direct debit side of things though. If you have an astigmatism, you won't get the lenses straight away and you'll have to wait about a week for them to order them in and then you'd try them because they don't stock the lenses needed for people with astigmatisms.I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueZebra)
    Hi,
    I have booked a contact lense assessment at specsavers for next week and I have a few questions I wondered if someone could answer.
    3. Do I have to commit to a direct debit if I decide contact lenses are right for me?
    Thank you
    i booked in mine for next monday and they said that it will take abt half an hr no more, depending on how difficult it is for you to try the lenses

thats all i know

goodluck
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by BlueZebra)
    Hi,
    Thank you
    I had mine recently!

It'll take up to an hour, but mine was more like 15 minutes
    There is no charge. They'll discuss the charges if you want to continue using lenses, but you are not bound to anything and you can just tell them you aren't interested once the trial is over
    Nope! You can go in and pay by cash or whatever if you want and you don't have to get them regularly. If you choose direct debit, they regularly get sent to your address
    They'll discuss your needs and wishes, check your eye health, and put in the lenses. Then they'll talk you through taking them out yourself, then talk you through putting them in yourself. You do this, learn how to look after them, what to do if something goes wrong, get given some leaflets and they send you on your way. You wear them the first day for a few hours and you gradually increase the time over the length of your trial. They'll make note of all this for you, and you book an appointment for the end of your trial so they can check your eye health again, talk to you about any concerns or questions you've had, and you can decide whether they're for you or not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.