Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    Definitely take the the opportunity to find out more about these subjects, their exam boards and how they're taught when you next have the chance - I didn't which is why I made such an abrupt u-turn later
    Thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:
    my friend goes there and he says its a lot of work that hes up doing work everynight and a lot of the people there are depressed

BUT IDK THO its still a good school as my friend didnt drop out.. ig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    my friend goes there and he says its a lot of work that hes up doing work everynight and a lot of the people there are depressed

BUT IDK THO its still a good school as my friend didnt drop out.. ig
    Thanks for the input x that’s what a lot of people are saying, I guess it’s what you value most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccabuf)
    Thanks for the input x that’s what a lot of people are saying, I guess it’s what you value most
    yeah i mean apparently the teachers are really good and most of the students go oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    Mines Thursday at 2 so we’ll just miss each other. I would say wave at me if you see me wondering around but I’m quite generic looking. Blonde hair, blue eyes, most likely wearing a red shirt xx
    Hey! My interview is also at 2 tomorrow (yikes) so I might see you there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I got my letter yesterday saying that I got an interview for Harris Westminster and I was quite proud seeing the high standard they give off to get in. But after reading through many discussions, I’m conflicted. Many people seem to say that the sixth form is no good and too pushy in the wrong areas as well as not caring for you. I would really hate to make the wrong decision if there’s no support seeing as I’m quite content with my current school sixth form. Does anyone have any genuine insight into Harris Westminster and what it’s really like there?
    I would really appreciate any help x
    Hey,
    I'm a current Y12 student at Harris Westminster. Of course people will have differing opinions about any school. Some people just find A-levels really hard, and then blame the schools they're at.
    Personally, I think HWSF is really good. It's fun, challenging (in a good way) and the staff and students there are really friendly. I was facing the same dilemma before I applied there (in terms of whether or not to stay at my old school) and I'm really glad I chose to move. PM me if you have any other questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiadventures)
    Hey,
    I'm a current Y12 student at Harris Westminster. Of course people will have differing opinions about any school. Some people just find A-levels really hard, and then blame the schools they're at.
    Personally, I think HWSF is really good. It's fun, challenging (in a good way) and the staff and students there are really friendly. I was facing the same dilemma before I applied there (in terms of whether or not to stay at my old school) and I'm really glad I chose to move. PM me if you have any other questions
    Thanks so much for the help. I’m glad that someone able to get a positive insight from someone there. I’m happy that it was worth it for you. I have my interview tomorrow and I’m nervous but I wanna do well. I still hope to go there x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the help. I’m glad that someone able to get a positive insight from someone there. I’m happy that it was worth it for you. I have my interview tomorrow and I’m nervous but I wanna do well. I still hope to go there x
    Good luck! They're looking for people who like challenges and thinking. Don't worry if you get some of the questions wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiadventures)
    Good luck! They're looking for people who like challenges and thinking. Don't worry if you get some of the questions wrong
    Hey, I was meaning to ask you - what is Saturday school like? And do people go out with their friends after Saturday school? What is there to do around Westminster during free periods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz)
    Hey, I was meaning to ask you - what is Saturday school like? And do people go out with their friends after Saturday school? What is there to do around Westminster during free periods?
    Apparently it’s only from 9-1pm. Imo I think the idea of Saturday is cool as it would give me something to do and force to do homework and revise.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing they’re interview at 2:00 pm on Thursday? I’m quite anxious about it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alxna_1)
    Apparently it’s only from 9-1pm. Imo I think the idea of Saturday is cool as it would give me something to do and force to do homework and revise.
    Yeah - good point, that. How are you preparing for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz)
    Yeah - good point, that. How are you preparing for the interview?
    I “revised” some stuff on the classical languages as that’s what my interview is on. I’m not sure if it helped because i realised that I know quite a lot about the languages...so I guess it helped me realise what I know in fact 😂 I honestly really don’t know what to expect. I just need to be confident that’s all. What about you? How are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    I “revised” some stuff on the classical languages as that’s what my interview is on. I’m not sure if it helped because i realised that I know quite a lot about the languages...so I guess it helped me realise what I know in fact 😂 I honestly really don’t know what to expect. I just need to be confident that’s all. What about you? How are you preparing?
    For Politics, I’m gonna talk about the Poor Law and how Labour formed as a party. But from what I’m seeing in my notes, it sounds more like History than Politics!

ReputationRep:
    I applied a year ago for the bants because my friend was applying. I didn’t put in any effort into the exams nor the interview and got in. I declined it though as i had a better sixth form to go to.
    My friend goes there currently and it is a very good sixth form it is filled with clever people this year around 25/30 kids got into oxbridge.
    It is intense the school but it makes you into a very more culturally open, hardworking student. I have seen this from my friend, she is a completely different person in a good way.

ReputationRep:
    Also interviews are not even hard btw don’t stress the tests for me were also piss easy

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing they’re interview at 2:00 pm on Thursday? I’m quite anxious about it :/
    I am. For what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotYourAuntCarol)
    I am. For what subject?
    Classical Languages, you?

ReputationRep:
    Classical Languages, you?
    Physics, good luck in classic languages! I wonder if some people will go in uniform since it’s a school day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotYourAuntCarol)
    Physics, good luck in classic languages! I wonder if some people will go in uniform since it’s a school day?
    Yh I’m assuming so. I don’t have school today because we have this thing called Academic review day, it’s basically parents evening all day for all the years. So I’ll be coming in my own clothes. Good luck to you too!

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.