Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alxna_1)
    Yh I’m assuming so. I don’t have school today because we have this thing called Academic review day, it’s basically parents evening all day for all the years. So I’ll be coming in my own clothes. Good luck to you too!
    My interview is in music at 3. I think we both have teachers from Westminster school interviewing because classics, music and drama are taught In the private school! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiddletrio)
    My interview is in music at 3. I think we both have teachers from Westminster school interviewing because classics, music and drama are taught In the private school! Good luck x
    Oh yh I didn’t realise that. Good luck to you too x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the interview? I also had mine at 3.

ReputationRep:
    How was the interview, guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    It went sooooo badly u have no idea, I wanted to cry afterwards.....

ReputationRep:
    I might have seen u, were u in the SSA?

ReputationRep:
    I was so nervous which made it so awkward. The interview finished and I didn't realise that it was and there was this awkward minute of silence. Then the interviewer told me that the interview was finished and I had to act like I didn't realise and was just so engrossed in this diagram he drew. I must have looked so stupid😭.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I was in the hall. Was it you that said somewhere on TSR that you had a bright red violin case? If it was, then I was the guy in the black school uniform at the end of your row in the hall during the speech etc. My nerves were killing me but the sixth formers were sooo nice. They were so reassuring and answered every single question I asked and I asked a LOT of questions. It seems really good though. I would have liked to go here in year 12.

ReputationRep:
    What did SSA even stand for?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I was in the hall. Was it you that said somewhere on TSR that you had a bright red violin case? If it was, then I was the guy in the black school uniform at the end of your row in the hall during the speech etc. My nerves were killing me but the sixth formers were sooo nice. They were so reassuring and answered every single question I asked and I asked a LOT of questions. It seems really good though. I would have liked to go here in year 12.
    Yesss I saw u! I hope your's went well tho

ReputationRep:
    Yesss I saw u! I hope your's went well tho
    Same to you.

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview for biology on saturday , how did it go for those who have done it?

ReputationRep:
    What is the SSA?

ReputationRep:
    i have no clue what to even talk about and im such an awkward person who cant keep eye contact lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebada hassan)
    i have no clue what to even talk about and im such an awkward person who cant keep eye contact lool
    What do you enjoy about Biology? What’s your favourite topic in lessons? Don’t worry - I’m also terrible at keeping eye contact, but I just force myself to stare into someone’s eyes and act like it’s not a problem! So I’m sure you can too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz)
    What do you enjoy about Biology? What’s your favourite topic in lessons? Don’t worry - I’m also terrible at keeping eye contact, but I just force myself to stare into someone’s eyes and act like it’s not a problem! So I’m sure you can too...
    thanks! i just feel like that is very general and a lot people would be talking about the same thing

ReputationRep:
    omg why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebada hassan)
    thanks! i just feel like that is very general and a lot people would be talking about the same thing
    What same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz)
    Hey, I was meaning to ask you - what is Saturday school like? And do people go out with their friends after Saturday school? What is there to do around Westminster during free periods?
    tbh i think they're getting rid of Saturday school for year 12s next year and making it infrequent for year 13s - but it's not that bad really. it means longer holidays and at least you're doing something with your morning? yeah it's quite common to go out with friends on a saturday, you're right in central london so there's a lot to do. year 12s can't leave during free periods and even as a year 13 i don't really bc there's not much that can be done in 40 mins, apart from eat or sit in the park

also to the person that asked, SSA stands for student study area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    tbh i think they're getting rid of Saturday school for year 12s next year and making it infrequent for year 13s - but it's not that bad really. it means longer holidays and at least you're doing something with your morning? yeah it's quite common to go out with friends on a saturday, you're right in central london so there's a lot to do. year 12s can't leave during free periods and even as a year 13 i don't really bc there's not much that can be done in 40 mins, apart from eat or sit in the park

also to the person that asked, SSA stands for student study area
    Do you mind giving an example of what you and your friends do? Also, are the students able to like have a bit of banter while working? (Like do they take it seriously but not too seriously....) Many thanks in advance!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.