Turn on thread page Beta

Does this sound like she actually wants to meet up? watch

ReputationRep:
    I matched with this girl on tinder who lives in a nearby town. We said we want to meet up and we arranged for her to come to stay at mine when she isn't working but then we didn't talk for a while. Then we started talking again and she said she wants to come up next week. However now she's saying she doesn't know if she can afford to come up but she hopes she can. She seems quite into the idea of staying at mine but I'm not sure if shes just making excuses. Do you think she actually wants to meet up or not?

ReputationRep:
    I would say she does if she keeps talking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I matched with this girl on tinder who lives in a nearby town. We said we want to meet up and we arranged for her to come to stay at mine when she isn't working but then we didn't talk for a while. Then we started talking again and she said she wants to come up next week. However now she's saying she doesn't know if she can afford to come up but she hopes she can. She seems quite into the idea of staying at mine but I'm not sure if shes just making excuses. Do you think she actually wants to meet up or not?
    staying at a random guys house who she has never met before is a very dangerous thing to do so i bet shes told family or friends or something and they have told her not to do that. If you keep pushing her on the topic from experience that would creep me out and completely put me off the idea. Honestly if a girl likes you money would never be an issue because shed make the money available to come e.g. through saving or staying in some nights when she could have gone out. I suggest you ask her to meet you somewhere in the middle of where the both of you live and take her on a proper date (girls dig that stuff) so she doesnt have to travel so far. If you like this girl and really want to meet her then it sounds like you're gonna have to be in it for the long haul and take her on a date before she comes to yours. If you carry on pushing the thing about her coming to stay at yours you will lose her and will probably regret it

if this helps please give me rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    staying at a random guys house who she has never met before is a very dangerous thing to do so i bet shes told family or friends or something and they have told her not to do that. If you keep pushing her on the topic from experience that would creep me out and completely put me off the idea. Honestly if a girl likes you money would never be an issue because shed make the money available to come e.g. through saving or staying in some nights when she could have gone out. I suggest you ask her to meet you somewhere in the middle of where the both of you live and take her on a proper date (girls dig that stuff) so she doesnt have to travel so far. If you like this girl and really want to meet her then it sounds like you're gonna have to be in it for the long haul and take her on a date before she comes to yours. If you carry on pushing the thing about her coming to stay at yours you will lose her and will probably regret it

if this helps please give me rep!
    Yeah but the thing is, she drives and I don't so it is easier for her to come up to mine because I don;t even know how to get to where she lives. It was her idea to stay at mine because she was going to come for a drink and she asked if she could stay at mine so she could have alcohol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.