Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the best partime job to get (including the payment) watch

ReputationRep:
    Im planing on getting a part time job after my GCSEs
    any advice on where to work
    e.g best pay per hour

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people say Lidl/Aldi (not sure which one maybe both) have really good pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Alot of people say Lidl/Aldi (not sure which one maybe both) have really good pay
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...t.supermarkets

you were saying....
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Retailers and restaurants etc. hire a lot of students especially for weekends. Don't expect an amazing rate of pay considering you're so young.

ReputationRep:
    Lidl/Aldi pay the best out of all supermarkets but employees say they make you work extremely hard and often unreasonable expectations. Sainsbury's is the next best they pay £8 an hour to all floor employees no matter what age and the management is generally good to work for apparently. I had a job there but only for a couple of weeks because of a misunderstanding in communicating that I needed time off for my exams but they are good to work for and good pay too and the application process is very easy too just apply online you have to do an online test which is pretty simple and you don't need to give a CV if you pass the online test you get given an interview they let you know if you passed within 24 hours and the interview is very easy too they only ask 5 questions (which you can find online) so I would recommend Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    dont expect a good rate of pay... Aldi / lidl pay the best for retail but just a word of notice you will be competing with older people who perhaps do have more experience / more intelligent than you are for jobs at Aldi/Lidl due to the fact they pay so good

ReputationRep:
    The other posts agree with me

ReputationRep:
    Private Tuition
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by knowyourrole)
    e.g best pay per hour
    Flexibility wise, id say mcdonalds is the best. The pay isnt too bad either.
    Pay wise, lidl or aldi is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowyourrole)
    e.g best pay per hour
    I work in Lush. Fantastic pay - £8.75 an hour. 50% discount too. But I had a horrible experience with the company and what they expect from their staff, I find the whole atmosphere in Lush very forced. If you can put up with that, or if you enjoy the way the staff are and you think you could do that - go for it! I lasted about 10 months before I found it too depressing to carry on but we’re all different!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Most part time jobs will be minimum wage so there won't be much difference in pay. Somewhere in retail or fast food or pubs/restaurants would probably be your best bet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.