Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I defrosted fish in my fridge over a week ago, since then my fridge has this really fishy smell coming from it! Now I defrosted the fridge and plugged it out and remove all my food, like just threw it out. I clean it down with bleach and air it out for 2-3 days!! Turned it back on yesterday, bought bicarbonate of soda and left it open in the fridge, bought that croc odour thing for the fridge and also bought an air neutraliser for my room ( because I live in a studio room).

The only thing that seems to have worked is the air neutraliser for my room, has eliminated the smell outside the fridge the other things seem to have not worked for the stuff inside the fridge, it still smells like fish!!!! The smell has gone down but it still stinks!! It's driving me crazy.

Any advice anyone?!!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Buy a new one

ReputationRep:
    Take this as a lesson and don’t eat fish

(Original post by starfab)
    Buy a new one
    This is in a student accomadation studio room

(Original post by Kirarater)
    Take this as a lesson and don’t eat fish
    Yeah I know never doing it again

Any advice anyone!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wipe the fridge down with equal parts water and vinegar? Then don't restock for a whole day... maybe

(Original post by Sulfolobus)
    Maybe it is not the fridge that smells of fish. Maybe it is you.
    🙄ffs your comment wasn't even needed, so immature

(Original post by starfab)
    Wipe the fridge down with equal parts water and vinegar? Then don't restock for a whole day... maybe
    Thanks I'll try that

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of when I was a kid and I spilt a bit of smoked mackerel on my jumper thinking oh well that’s annoying... but no biggy I’ll just shove it in the wash and it’ll be fine.

One wash... still there.

Thousand washes later... still ****ing there and it was this fish after smell not rotten fish not fresh fish just this icky underlying smell. So happy when I grew out of it.

Sorry that probably doesn’t fill you with hope but basically keep up the cleaning. Don’t focus on it too much and slowly it will go away :lol: opposite to my scenario but I’m pretty sure your fridge will get clean after a while or you’re focusing on it so much that you’re getting into a vicious cycle and no one else would really notice it...

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    This reminds me of when I was a kid and I spilt a bit of smoked mackerel on my jumper thinking oh well that’s annoying... but no biggy I’ll just shove it in the wash and it’ll be fine.

One wash... still there.

Thousand washes later... still ****ing there and it was this fish after smell not rotten fish not fresh fish just this icky underlying smell. So happy when I grew out of it.

Sorry that probably doesn’t fill you with hope but basically keep up the cleaning. Don’t focus on it too much and slowly it will go away :lol: opposite to my scenario but I’m pretty sure your fridge will get clean after a while or you’re focusing on it so much that you’re getting into a vicious cycle and no one else would really notice it...
    Nah it really hits you when you open the fridge door, at least it's not as bad as before where you could smell it outside the fridge. I get what you mean I'll just keep cleaning it with bleach daily

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.