Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So, I finished secondary school in the summer of last year and have since moved onto college. Recently, a girl from my secondary school who I didn't know very well has been texting me. It's strange cause even though we didn't talk too much she's been acting like we're best friends, saying things like "miss you so much" and "I'm so proud of you" and putting tons of Xs at the end of her texts. When I pointed out that we never spoke much at secondary school she said "Well, let's get to know each other" and didn't text me again for weeks - then, she randomly asked me if I was okay and when I responded, "Yes, why?" she said I'm just checking up on you. Oh, and in addition, when I asked her to sign my yearbook at the end of secondary school she wrote, "Love you gorgeous" but I didn't think too much of it cause she's a very flirty person and I kind of liked it hahaha.

So, why would she act like this? You'd think it was because she liked me. Well, I'm not stupid, as a single male I should ask her out so yesterday I asked her if she'd be willing to meet up and instead of being all enthusiastic like she has been so far she said, "Yeah maybe let me know". This is weird to me it sounds like she was slightly disinterested but WHY after she's been behaving like this?

She probably doesn't wanna sound desperate.

Don't rush things, just go with the flow.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.