Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What website/app/software would you recommend to actually trade shares with (that lets you buy and sell)? On top of that, what would you recommend for cryptocurrency, because lots of them seem quite dodgy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    What website/app/software would you recommend to actually trade shares with (that lets you buy and sell)? On top of that, what would you recommend for cryptocurrency, because lots of them seem quite dodgy
    If you don’t know how to access a reliable site I’d tell you to not waste your money investing in something you have little knowledge about.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if you have to ask on tsr, it's probably not the best idea. how many people here are proper investors?

if you have to ask other people what to invest in, then it's probably not a great idea.

if you couldn't be bothered read the white paper on various cryptocurrencies and do your personal research within the companies (and cryptocurrencies) to ensure that you're investing in something that you genuinely believe in, then it's probably not a great idea.

now be mentally prepared to lose all your money because you probably won't be able to cope with the volatility of the cryptocurrency market, especially now since the prices are all over the place and it's probably the best time to buy too (everything's on discount, my dudes, if only i was old enough).

if you still want to, google (some sites or info are scams but that's a given), reddit (some will try to pm scam you and some will create hype on posts to scam you too), youtube (be careful - so many scammers on there), and books (there's scams here too) are your best friends. don't listen to the news most of the time.

if not, stick with dem mutual funds and that.

ReputationRep:
    eToro has both stocks and cryptos, and they are FCA regulated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ2104)
    eToro has both stocks and cryptos, and they are FCA regulated.
    Thanks for being the only one to properly read or actually answer the question

ReputationRep:
    Unless you know what you are doing and don't mind losing hundreds of pounds, stay clear of it. Buy a lottery ticket instead.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for being the only one to properly read or actually answer the question
    No problem, they accept PayPal as well so you'd be entitled to buyer protection if it turns out to be a Bernie Madoff pyramid scheme.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you want to trade stocks you can try Hargreaves Lansdown, they're a little on the expensive side but very noob friendly. If you want to trade cryptocurrency first you'll need to buy ether from Coinbase (ether cos of the cheap transaction fees) and then send that over to another exchange which lists multiple assets like Binance, Bitfinex or Bittrex.

However I'm going to tell you now you'll almost certainly lose all your money so I advise against trading the stock market or crypto. If you have some spare cash lying around and want to get in on the stock market I recommend investing in a fund or a tracker.

If you want to buy crypto then I recommend doing some serious research into the various coins which appeal to you, read their whitepaper on their websites, research the developers, look at what they're trying to accomplish and if there is a long term vision which is realistic. Then if you're comfortable you can buy the coins and just hold them for a couple of years but you have to be fully prepared to lose whatever money you put in because crypto is very new and very speculative.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.