Turn on thread page Beta

unconditional offer was an error? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied for a university and got sent a letter a few days later saying I have received an unconditional offer. Anywho, about three weeks later my ucas finally updated and said it was a conditional error.

I then contacted the university and said do i have an unconditional or a conditional offer, they asked to see the letter which i sent them and they said it was an error and that i have a conditional offer.

So now I'm wondering how do i go about this? can they back track even though a formal letter/document was sent? shall i get my teachers to fight for the offer or do i just accept the 'error' and just aim for the grades?

ReputationRep:
    which uni is this if you don't mind me asking? That uni is full of snakes. I would fight for it back.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, If you have an email or proof from them offering you unconditional first, it has a good chance if you decide to fight for your offer. Yes I would say it is best you ask your teachers and personally I would fight for it.

Definitely aim for the grades, but also I think its unfair of them to retract the unconditional like this. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    University of West London, my teachers said they cannot back track a legal document so I am gonna go back to her and sort it out
    (Original post by YouMadBro!)
    which uni is this if you don't mind me asking? That uni is full of snakes. I would fight for it back.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou i think that is what i will try to do!
    (Original post by anonymous375)
    Hey, If you have an email or proof from them offering you unconditional first, it has a good chance if you decide to fight for your offer. Yes I would say it is best you ask your teachers and personally I would fight for it.

Definitely aim for the grades, but also I think its unfair of them to retract the unconditional like this. Best of luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by anonymous375)

I agree

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.