Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For my friends 16 th birthday (the first 16th in our group) we held a surprise party for him at Frankie and bennies with cake and balloons and we played for his meal and it was really nice. For my birthday, my friends were saying like they were going to surprise and stuff and it got to 2 days before my birthday and I got asked whether I wanted to go to spoons for my birthday meal and I was like sure ok. I then found out there had been an argument about what day it should be on and it was like ok great one but I didn’t let it bother me. When I got there no one really talked to me, they either carried on their own conversations or spent all their time on their phones ignoring me. Only one person brought me a present (most gave me them later except for one person that I thought I was closest with and like hed even asked me what I wanted for my birthday?). I then found out that after the meal they were planning on meeting someone to give them alcohol to get drunk and they knew that I wasn’t happy with this previously. When we went to order, we were told we couldn’t cause we weren’t sixteen and it was a Friday night ( spoons rule) so we left the restaurant and there is literally no where else to eat in our town so I suggested fish and chips but the others decided they would just go to the beach and get drunk and I didn’t want to do that. So I ended going home by myself and eating chips by myself for my birthday meal. They said that they would do something instead but its been over a month and they obviously aren’t. I just feel like they don’t really give a damn about me, like after seeing what they did for someone elses birthday, and obviously I don’t expect them to do anything but it would’ve been nice seen as the did stuff for other peoples birthday, and I got eating chips by myself.
    It is now a month later and ive decided that I want to do something because it was my 16th and it’s a special birthday. So ive organised a meal at chiquitos but it just feels a bit sad that im the one that’s had to organise it and everyone else is just turning up. I invited all my friends even after what happened before and only a few are going and I just know they are gonna meet up seperatley instead of going out with me.

Am I being too petty and overthinking it or do you think I shouldn’t bother with them anymore
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Well, you are right to get upset. I would just put it down to poor planning since you're all quite young and give them the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't try to make up for it now though.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.