Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in my mock exams i got a grade 5 in the foundation paper and was told i could do higher if i like. i obviously took the opportunity however i must teach all the content to myself. i am struggling as i go over somethings and forget quickly. i have used maths watch, bought the maths workbook and revision guide but they are not very clear....was wondering if anyone knew how i cud catch up on all the content before march--- my mocks are in march and if i get a 5 i am able to do higher for my real gcse exams

ReputationRep:
    What are you struggling the most with right now? Can't really say how to catch up since I've been doing higher since the start but I can try to help you understand the topics you're struggling with. Granted that I'm not that great at maths myself, only working at around 6/7.

I'll try to give advise but I don't know how good it'll be... we've been given HegartyMaths to use to revise for the year so that's all I've really been using but do some higher past papers and see how you fair against it. Not exactly sure on the details but supposedly the ending questions on the foundation paper is like the start-middle of the higher one. As long as you can wrap your head around the concepts it shouldn't be too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pqndachan)
    What are you struggling the most with right now? Can't really say how to catch up since I've been doing higher since the start but I can try to help you understand the topics you're struggling with. Granted that I'm not that great at maths myself, only working at around 6/7.

I'll try to give advise but I don't know how good it'll be... we've been given HegartyMaths to use to revise for the year so that's all I've really been using but do some higher past papers and see how you fair against it. Not exactly sure on the details but supposedly the ending questions on the foundation paper is like the start-middle of the higher one. As long as you can wrap your head around the concepts it shouldn't be too difficult.
    wow grade 6/7 is really good. well done x. i have been doing past papers and got 30-35 on each paper. i checked the grade boundaries and its was a grade 5. however im always getting the end questions wrong completely even though i have been over them and i feel soo bored during them because i feel like i am just guessing. is hegarty maths similar to mathswatch?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply... I haven't used TSR for a while. I'm not sure if it's like Mathswatch since I've never used it. I've only ever used MyMaths and Hegarty Maths. I also struggle with the end questions so I can't really help you tbh. The only thing I can suggest is keep practicing... though you're already doing that so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I GOT A GRADE 7 IN HIGHER PAPER----- i got my results last month but forgot to let u all know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariax__x)
    I GOT A GRADE 7 IN HIGHER PAPER----- i got my results last month but forgot to let u all know
    Congrats! That's really good, I also got a 7 in my most recent mocks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.