Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Please, please please could some help, I need to get level 2 In functional
Skills.
Does anyone know what the entry paper
Is like to see if you can do it.
Honest have done maths for 15
Years don't know means modes I could find out and get my head round them quick but also what else
Will they
Ask!? What could I learn I need to do this I have all the over requirements and I know I'd be able to do it it's just seeing if ill pass the entry and honest I know nothing..
Please
Help
People!! Peace aaron.
Roy101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aaronobrien)
Skills.
Years don't know means modes I could find out and get my head round them quick but also what else
Will they
Ask!? What could I learn I need to do this I have all the over requirements and I know I'd be able to do it it's just seeing if ill pass the entry and honest I know nothing..
Please
Help
People!! Peace aaron.
I completed the functional skills level 2 city and guilds but it was too challenging for me to pass. It's very wordy, my advice would be to keep practising. Are you completing functional skills at college, or? Try going online, just type functional skills level 2 past papers or something or you could try the CGP functional skills level 2 maths book, I think it's called CGP lol I can't remember
The Ankh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't worry about having last done Maths 15 years ago. You will know plenty of maths but may need a bit of confidence to let it out. You may have done stuff like calculating your wages from hours worked, adding up bills, keeping score at darts or having a bet. Course providers will give you an online assessment to see what your current level is. You probably won't do very well because you won't be familiar with Functional Skill Type of questions. Functional skills is not just about the maths which is simple enough stuff. It's working out what they want you to do from the written descriptions. You can get confused because you will/may be given information you don't need. It is likely that you will have to sit the L1 exam before they let you sit L2. In preparation I would make sure you can carry out basic arithmetic, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Learning your times tables will help too but isn't essential as you can use calculator in exams. Get the basics in place and you have the foundation to progress. I did a lot easy calculations using pen and paper without using a calculator. I did check my answers using the calculator. With practice the confidence comes. There is also lots of free stuff on the net. I found the Khan Academy quite useful. It's an American site which teaches maths from the equivalent of our Primary School Level up to GCSE. I passed L1 after 6 weeks study with 94% and L2 with 88%.
Rthapa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aaronobrien)
Skills.
Will they
Please
Help
People!! Peace aaron.
Hi Aaron. Functional Skills Maths Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE Maths grade C which is the basic requirement for most universities and work places. If you are looking for place to do you functional skills maths intech centre is the best place for you. They provide funded and private courses which last for 3 weeks and you can complete it quicker if you are in a rush. I managed to complete mine within 2 weeks. The staff are really supportive and helpful throughout your learning hence why I managed to complete my course quick.
I hope this was helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads