Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know if there is a UK uni that offers a course which focuses specifically on or has modules on rollercoaster design/engineering?

    Any responses much appreciated 😊
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    It seems like the OU has a section of their 'Using Mathematics' Module which includes looking at rollercoaster design, otherwise it's a very, very niche discipline of engineering so I don't think you'll find anything.

    From what I can tell from what I can find online, your best bets are either to do an apprenticeship, or start up your career for a few years in aeronautics then switch into rollercoaster engineering, and I imagine having done some work in railways might help as well (some unis do a rail module for mechanical engineers, and there's also an IMechE competition around building a train so look for these).
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.