Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how they found studying Natural Sciences (Biology) with the OU.

I'm starting in October and I'm really looking forward to it. However im looking for external advice on how the modules and exams are and how they find studying alone?

Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Slmcgill)
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how they found studying Natural Sciences (Biology) with the OU.

I'm starting in October and I'm really looking forward to it. However im looking for external advice on how the modules and exams are and how they find studying alone?

Thanks!
    You might find more people in the OU forum.

OU exams are essentially like any other exams you will have had. The only difference is that they're held in different venues - you'll be notified on StudentHome of your venue in advance, and you need to check this carefully. They have a lot of different venues, so you need to check your allocation, and not rely on google or asking a friend - someone on the same course might have a different venue!
    Make sure you plan your journey carefully. There may not be parking nearby, and you don't want to be late. If the exam says it starts at 10am, then that's what time you physically start writing on the paper - the venue will be open earlier. You must get there earlier to have time to find your seat and settle down.

The OU holds all exams for all subjects over a 2 week period. This means that they will hold exams for several different modules at the same time. Don't be worried if you don't recognise the people around you, or if they start using equipment (eg calculators, set squares) that aren't applicable to your exam. They're just doing a different paper. Similarly, if you catch sigh of someone else and they have a different booklet, or a picture on their question paper that you don't have, it's fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.