Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've had a very difficult, emotional year that has lead to me going from 100% attendance and quite good grades at GCSE (A*AAAAABB) to BBD and 80% attendance, 5 months into my first year at college. I was wondering if these grades and levels of attendance are taken into account in my uni application? i would ask my tutor but she's only in one day a week.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i hope not. my attendance is also extremely bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahhannon241)
    i've had a very difficult, emotional year that has lead to me going from 100% attendance and quite good grades at GCSE (A*AAAAABB) to BBD and 80% attendance, 5 months into my first year at college. I was wondering if these grades and levels of attendance are taken into account in my uni application? i would ask my tutor but she's only in one day a week.
    Your grades at the end of Year 12 will inform your predictions so try to tuen them around before June. Does school/college know about your problems? If so, they might give you some allowance.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hannahhannon241)
    Your referee might want to include about you having a hard time, beyond that, I'm not aware of any way this might have an impact. Also, BBD is a pretty decent place to be when you're only 5 months into A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    my attendance is 100% for gcse and a level so far so I'm not worried about that however my punctuality is **** as.

ReputationRep:
    prospective universities will only see your predicted grades which are entered at the beginning of year 13, as well as grades for any AS levels you take, so you have plenty of time to improve.

your attendance will not be seen by universities, however your school will write a reference for you where they can indicate that you have had a difficult year, however if they have been unimpressed with your work ethic/attendance this may also be reflected in the reference.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.