Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Currently working night shifts at McDonalds and im not sure if i should carry on. If im being honest i don't actually mind the job, i like my coworkers and i don't feel too overworked and the pay is alright for me. The reason why i'm leaving are simply because of the nightshifts. I have depression and anxiety and the night shifts seem to be making me much much more miserable than usual and it gets really bad some days. In the mean time im finding a job for day shifts as this branch doesn't have any available.
    How would i go about qutting? Do i phone them and return the uniform or would i have to work the remainder of the probation period. Also what reasns would i give, I dont want to tell them about my mental issues as it is personal to me.

    Not 100% sure about McDonald’s specifics but normally in jobs where you’re in a probation period the notice period you have to give is shorter than after your probation period. So your notice period might only be a week, whereas for staff not in probation it might be longer, but check your contract. I highly doubt that you’d have to carry on working for the entire probation period.

    You should probably call your store and speak to the manager and ask if they need your resignation in writing, and then you’ll have to work for the rest of your notice period which will probably only be a couple of weeks, but check like I said.

    As for reasons you can say whatever you want. Tell them you’re not happy working night shifts anymore and want to move on, you won’t have to disclose anything personal that you don’t want to.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    I was on probation when I left my last job and my notice period was a week, as opposed to two weeks for people who had been there 2 years or more. I think this generally stands for most companies.
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.