Turn on thread page Beta

I find school ansolutely unbearable, I’m at A2 now with not long to go but I’m so far behind and just can’t do it. Just wondering if anyone else is like this and if so how do you push through it and get the grades?

ReputationRep:
    Having a goal to look forward to that's facilitated by school is a good idea. Uni, apprenticeship, something you want to buy, somewhere you want to go, something you want to do? The world is going more and more towards skilled qualified work, life is very hard for those without.

However school is absolutely shite, honestly the worst time of people's lives. You only have 3 months left, it's make or break really, you don't wanna be cleaning **** in McDonald's toilets at 35.

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    Having a goal to look forward to that's facilitated by school is a good idea. Uni, apprenticeship, something you want to buy, somewhere you want to go, something you want to do? The world is going more and more towards skilled qualified work, life is very hard for those without.

However school is absolutely shite, honestly the worst time of people's
    lives. You only have 3 months left, it's make or break really, you don't wanna be cleaning **** in McDonald's toilets at 35.
    You’re definitely right. There’s so much I wanna do with my life tbh but you need some level of higher education or training to get the money needed for traveling etc. All of my offers for uni are three Bs which I’m sitting on right now but I just don’t know how I’m gonna hold it.
    Another problem with me is confidence, I’m constanlty put down by people in school so now I’m not confident when it comes to speaking or even in my own ability.
    I get that I’m just throwing everything out there so ignore me if you want I really appreciate the response you’ve given me already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You’re definitely right. There’s so much I wanna do with my life tbh but you need some level of higher education or training to get the money needed for traveling etc. All of my offers for uni are three Bs which I’m sitting on right now but I just don’t know how I’m gonna hold it.
    Another problem with me is confidence, I’m constanlty put down by people in school so now I’m not confident when it comes to speaking or even in my own ability.
    I get that I’m just throwing everything out there so ignore me if you want I really appreciate the response you’ve given me already.
    I can tell you're low on confidence, you don't even think you're worth replying to
    3B's are good, honestly things have shifted from degrees to experience and competency based job apps.

I think s clear incentive for you at Uni is the potential for a fresh start. To get away from being put down and reinvent yourself. You'd like that I'm sure, so make that your short term goal 😀

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    I can tell you're low on confidence, you don't even think you're worth replying to
    3B's are good, honestly things have shifted from degrees to experience and competency based job apps.

I think s clear incentive for you at Uni is the potential for a fresh start. To get away from being put down and reinvent yourself. You'd like that I'm sure, so make that your short term goal 😀
    You’re definitely right and I’m gonna have to think about what youve told me here. I really appreciate your time and you’ve really helped me out. 🙌🏼

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.