Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Let's come together and put in ideas about each PG hall! There's not as much information about purely-PG halls than UG halls, so let's make this a reference point for future PGs.

Questions to ponder:

(i) Type of Contract: 38-week or 50-week. Which did you choose and why?

(ii) Type of Accoms: Intercollegiate Halls vs PG+UG Halls vs Postgrad Halls
    (PG Halls: Butler's Wharf, Lilian Knowles, Grosvenor, Roseberry Myddelton Wing, Sidney Webb House)

(iii) In the case that you didn't get any LSE residences, what are some good private accom sites?

-Campusboard
    -Spareroom

Any existing PGs are welcome to talk about their hall experiences!!

Let's keep the ball rolling! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for creating this post.

So far I’ve been looking at Urbanest Westminster Bridge and Canto Court.

In fact there is a discussion here that you can join

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4961510

https://m.facebook.com/groups/311281809390261/

ReputationRep:
    I just got a place at Grosvenor House which I've accepted but haven't paid a deposit yet.

Although Grosvenor it's very close to LSE it seems to have some drawbacks mentioned by people that really concern me like old facilities or staff not being supportive during the stay. Another scary point is I've also heard that people used to get stuck in an elevator as it stopped working for several minutes.

I'm trying to compare it with some other options like
    International Hall (mixed comments both positive and negative)

Urbanest Westminster (usually said to be very modern but I've seen the studio size is quite small relative to the price )

Canto Court (really like the layout but haven't found any reviews yet which I think might not be popular to LSE students)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.