Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here anxious about the coming week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am for some weird reason. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Is he furiously masturbating whilst chanting Tibetan mantras in translation?

ReputationRep:
    I see you have edited. But I'm gonna leave my reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I see you have edited. But I'm gonna leave my reply.
    Yeah, I messed up and created a new thread instead but didn't want to waste this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poached)
    Yeah, I messed up and created a new thread instead but didn't want to waste this one.
    Well, i hope that your anxiety subsides quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Well, i hope that your anxiety subsides quickly.
    Not very likely. :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poached)
    Not very likely. :nope:
    I am sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    the entirety of civilisation was created to watch u fail personally that’s what gets us up in the mornings

https://youtu.be/k5RH3BdXDOY

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you feel that way Is there anything in particular that's making you feel worried or is it generalised? I find planning my week helps to ease my anxieties by adding in enjoyable and/or productive activities. Like on Mondays I let myself have yummy Danish pastries and fresh fruit for breakfast (certainly makes getting out of bed on a Monday easier and more enjoyable), on Wednesdays I go to the gym both to let off steam and to keep fit, Friday nights are for no work or anything that isn't relaxing and enjoyable, and I try to schedule in an activity with my friends or family at the weekend like shopping, hiking or just going for a drink.

I find that when I add certainties to my week it helps me to feel more grounded and less like the week is one big mess coming towards me. Instead of the things I have to do just piling up into a big to-do list, I space them out and they seem more manageable. I know at the end of the week everything will be done but I can take one day at a time.

Oh also writing or keeping a diary. Even if it's just to write 'I feel anxious and I don't know why'! Actually writing things down makes you slow down a bit and you can work through some of your thoughts

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.