Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have 1 friend that isn't close watch

Announcements

So I play on Xbox a lot and i have plenty of friends on there, but whenever it comes to playing together. There will always be an excuse. In real life, i am 14 and people do say in a not joking way say nobody likes you. I try to laugh it off and they say no I'm serious go away nobody likes you and my real friend seems to use me. My mum whenever i say anything that is an idea she always wants to find a reason not to do it. My dad who has split up with my mum is nice. I will say something and he will try his hardest but he lives miles away and i see him every other weekend. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try and join new clubs or activities outwith your school/gaming life? Then you can meet some new people.
    Maybe tell the friends that you don't appreciate them saying that and asking why they don't like you(you may not stay friends with them but know what you may be doing wrong, if anything). By finding out what the problem is you can try and sort out it, it could also be you've just not found the right group of people-most of your very good friends will come at uni or college so don't worry too much at the moment.
    Try and speak to your mum and tell her you're struggling with friendships and ask her if she could bring you to some club or similair.
    I hope some of this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.