Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A level ICT watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask what way would be best suited to revise for OCR ICT A2 year, baring in mind that it is the last exam for this subject, i didnt do as good as I expected despite having studies hard for it for AS year because I got a D so i really want to make the most of it by resitting and doing well for this years exam too but i am unsure on what way is best to revise for OCR as my other subjects are rather essay based which i preferably understand better,
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by suwaira3)
    I wanted to ask what way would be best suited to revise for OCR ICT A2 year, baring in mind that it is the last exam for this subject, i didnt do as good as I expected despite having studies hard for it for AS year because I got a D so i really want to make the most of it by resitting and doing well for this years exam too but i am unsure on what way is best to revise for OCR as my other subjects are rather essay based which i preferably understand better,
    You need a decent set of notes or revision book.

Then you need to practice/ replicate exams by ding past papers or workbooks. See what Amazon has available. Mark your work and use mark schemes to id where you lose marks and then try again till you improve.

This one?
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81815-specification.pdf
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ict-h117-h517/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You need a decent set of notes or revision book.

Then you need to practice/ replicate exams by ding past papers or workbooks. See what Amazon has available. Mark your work and use mark schemes to id where you lose marks and then try again till you improve.

This one?
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81815-specification.pdf
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ict-h117-h517/

Thank you for the helpful tips which i surely will take action upon but the thing is last time i tried every different way to revise for ict bc i needed a good grade in it but still flopped, its like every time i try to make notes i end up simply copying, i mean its like everything seems important, know what i mean? im coming to a point where im giving up but i dont want to especially ict
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by suwaira3)
    Thank you for the helpful tips which i surely will take action upon but the thing is last time i tried every different way to revise for ict bc i needed a good grade in it but still flopped, its like every time i try to make notes i end up simply copying, i mean its like everything seems important, know what i mean? im coming to a point where im giving up but i dont want to especially ict
    Talk to your teacher. Its one of three things.

1. You dont understand the material- get new revision books , watch videos etc until you understand.
    2. You cant remember the relevant bits for the exam- have god revision notes.
    3. You cnat apply what you know- exam technique.

It sounds more like 1 to start with.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.