Turn on thread page Beta

Brexit is an idiotic mistake - calendar week 5 summary watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lejax)
    Sorry to ask but what does OP stand for

I know it as over powered but o recognise this ain’t the case
    OP is the user who posted the first post of the thread. Acting like a playground bully. Doesn't give any ideas apart from those that drive his own ego

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    And that's why your opinion and pointless ramblings about Brexit mean absolutely nothing. They literally have no value, other than a bit of trolling which I'm happy to rise to every so often. Seriously, why bother posting these threads? You have zero influence and just come across as an obsessive remainer (though being German, assuming your profile is correct, you didn't get to vote in the referendum. Did that upset you? I bet it did).
    I am not posting opinion and ramblings, I post facts. Those facts educate the young, and show Brexiteers how catastrophic their uninformed decision was. That's influence - not that I care that I have any, I really just enjoy revelling in and documenting the misery that Brexit is bringing over your country.

Why would I be upset that I didin't get to vote in the referendum held by and in a different country? I sure know how I would've voted if I were British, and I know how I would voted as a German (and it's not the same thing) but what you guys do is your business.

The fact that you contributed to this thread without commenting on any of the articles from my original post shows that these threads bother you. I'll be sure to keep them coming.

And now we're on to personal insults. Great way to try and defend your argument. I'm not sure that someone who went to London South Bank University should be using intelligence as a comparator...
    I don't need to defend my argument, it's fact. It's not like shawn wants to (or even could) argue with my argument, he's just making poor attempts at trolling with his illogical, deranged posts. It's amusing to rhethorically slap him like the little, ignorant boy he is.

And that you use the choice of university for a postgrad degree as a proxy for intelligence speaks volumes about your (lack of) intellgence. I bet you hate that I am a lot more successful already now than you will ever be in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok fair play but I still believe brexit was a bad idea personally as I’ve made clear the thing is a lot of people whom vote nowadays don’t take the time to consider what they’re voting for

It’s sort of a impulsive voting but by doing so they find that they’ve voted in something they don’t like

A lot of people whom went for brexit where racist another large amount regretted the decision afterwards as the didn’t realise what they were voting for

We cut our ties from a network what mostly protected us with regulations and rules to our benefit

A lot of people still think we will keep the laws in place but since brexit we have seen many denounced and our society is from what I can see collapsing with race crime health sectors being shut public learning resources sold and or burnt what I think is also akin to nazi Germany where when he came into power he straight away burnt books and produced new altered ones much like the e books we have today

With all our reliance on editable software and people within the hands of corp
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Corporate groups and small percentage of rich individuals we are quickly losing solid footing and all the records saved as hard copies within libraries will be lost

ReputationRep:
    Soccratees hated the idea that everyone should vote not because the rich should have power or poor where thick but because

thick people who don’t know what their voting for shouldn’t vote voting is a skill you must be able to judge someone’s personality and character alongside his intelligence charisma and work out whether their lying or telling the truth

ReputationRep:
    And a lot of people can’t do this if anything the majority can’t

Perhaps a union like vote would prove more effective say each group has a set doctrine that they uphold and are legally obligated to do so

Then the civilians who can’t vote join the union /group which upholds their values and they choose the leader the union being comprised of people more trained and are collaborating together to find the correct person or choice to vote for the this way we all still vote have a choice but instead of civilians being tricked by advertisements and lies made in the form of promises we have people having their ideas fully upheld

Naturally as I said this would or should be upheld by law as to pervert such a roll is heresy of the highest order

ReputationRep:
    Also the people whom are elected to be in a ellection should be under the power of the people and not the government as they are our servants and should be subject to our ideals not the governments

ReputationRep:
    Naturally my views will have flaws but I believe the system of voting is flawed and is corrupt and we will never fix the system through the system

ReputationRep:
    But I seem to have rambled on amidst conflict
    Honestly German or English doesn’t matter we are subject to the oppressors we chose Germany should know well not to judge us on our fascists lest they be reminded

But to their credit labour the party I support was born due to the war and ultimately a lot of good like the nhs and counsel housing was created due to labour what was born from the ashes of that war

ReputationRep:
    And although we deal with private companies from Germany that evade tax and drink up our blood the same can be said for all countries

It is the elite and fascistic whom cause us harm no I’m not a communist nor nazi nor racist I am anti apartheid and antifa

ReputationRep:
    There is no price not worth paying to be free of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm there are plenty the way I look at it

Leaving the eu poses 0 benefits when I look at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenialGermanGent)
    I am not posting opinion and ramblings, I post facts. Those facts educate the young, and show Brexiteers how catastrophic their uninformed decision was. That's influence - not that I care that I have any, I really just enjoy revelling in and documenting the misery that Brexit is bringing over your country.
    They're one-sided stories and opinion pieces written by journalists and publications with their own agendas, and you're only posting links to those which support your own opinion. 'Educating the young' is laughable! As for my own vote - it most certainly was not 'uninformed' and I would vote the same way again tomorrow.

Why would I be upset that I didin't get to vote in the referendum held by and in a different country? I sure know how I would've voted if I were British, and I know how I would voted as a German (and it's not the same thing) but what you guys do is your business.
    So why bother "revelling in and documenting the misery that Brexit is bringing over your country" then?

The fact that you contributed to this thread without commenting on any of the articles from my original post shows that these threads bother you. I'll be sure to keep them coming.
    I read news. From a variety of sources. Including some of the ones you pasted. So I know the links are all one-sided. So I didn't bother commenting on them. But if it keeps you away from doing any real damage then by all means keep posting.

I don't need to defend my argument, it's fact.
    As above, no it's not.

And that you use the choice of university for a postgrad degree as a proxy for intelligence speaks volumes about your (lack of) intellgence. I bet you hate that I am a lot more successful already now than you will ever be in your life.
    Haha, that's funny! I'm not getting into a willy-waving contest with you. And there's a beautiful irony in misspelling 'intelligence'...

ReputationRep:
    Of course migrant crime rate is up, we took in over a million people (unlike heartless, xenophobic Britain) who are uprooted and traumatized from fleeing from war, terror, and torture.
    From Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKBN1ES16J

"Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.
    It noted, however, that migrants settling from war-torn countries such as Syria were much less likely to commit violent crimes that those from other places who were unlikely to be given asylum. "

"there were huge differences between various refugee groups depending on where they came from and how high their chances were of staying and gaining legal status in Germany"

"Asylum seekers who are regarded as war refugees who have relatively good chances of staying in Germany tend to avoid trouble more, the study found. "

"Around 17 percent of violent crimes in Lower Saxony that were attributed to refugees, for example, were suspected of being committed by North African asylum seekers who made up less than 1 percent of the state’s registered refugee population. North African asylum seekers have relatively slim chances of obtaining legal status in Germany. "

Not quite the quaint picture you are trying to paint I fear. Genuine asylum seekers, war refugees appear not to be the problem in Germany. It's those who have little to no chance of gaining legal status there.

ReputationRep:
    Leaked U.K. Government Analysis Warns Britain Will Be Poorer Post-Brexit
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsc.../#27f056484c3f

EU rejects Brexit trade deal for UK financial services sector
    https://www.ft.com/content/7f7669a4-...0-9c0ad2d7c5b5

Brexit: Business optimism falls as doubts grow over UK's financial centre status
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8182916.html

Brexit: UK given warning over outstanding divorce issues
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...orce-issues-eu

UK car production falls for first time since 2009 as Brexit fears hit sales
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ears-hit-sales

Brexit spurs more UK startups to set up in Europe
    http://www.cityam.com/279648/brexit-...-set-up-europe

Brexit-voting cities will lose the most jobs to robots
    http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/bre...robots-2018-1/

Brexit could leave patients unable to access new drugs
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...cess-new-drugs

Brexit poses substantial risk to public health, doctors warn
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...tors-warn.html

Brexit Exposes U.K. to Worldwide Raid on Airbus Wing Production
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ing-production

Europol head fears loss of UK influence after Brexit
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42874985

Exclusive poll: Britain is 'heading in the wrong direction' as Brexit approaches
    http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/dcy...brexit-2018-1/

Why Brexit could lead to a poorer diet
    https://inews.co.uk/news/health/brex...d-poorer-diet/

Surge in 'staycations' due to 'post-Brexit anxiety'
    https://news.sky.com/story/surge-in-...xiety-11234187

Opinion:

Britain’s imperial fantasies have given us Brexit
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...it-theresa-may
    Democracy has its faults. Referendums are one of those faults.
    Saddam Hussain and Col Gaddafi used to get over 90 % votes in referendum.

ReputationRep:
    They're one-sided stories and opinion pieces written by journalists and publications with their own agendas, and you're only posting links to those which support your own opinion. 'Educating the young' is laughable!
    They're facts, you can't change that, no matter how much you whine about it. When it's opinion, I mark it as such.

So FT, Forbes, WSJ, Telegraph, Bloomberg, Sky etc. are all one-sided perpetuators of liberal ideas? You clearly have no idea.

As said about a dozen times over the last year, I challenge anyone to find credible news items of equal number and impact on the positive effects of Brexit. I'm still waiting. Crickets.

As for my own vote - it most certainly was not 'uninformed' and I would vote the same way again tomorrow.
    Never asked you about your vote, but ok... if you feel the need to share, let it all out! I guess nobody else is listening to you.

So why bother "revelling in and documenting the misery that Brexit is bringing over your country" then?
    Oh, it's just so nice to see, given how Britain has been *****ing and whining and arrogantly demanding special treatment and discounts and whatnot in Europe for a few decades now - but you wouldn't know anything about that, historically and politically illiterate as you obviously are.

I read news. From a variety of sources. Including some of the ones you pasted. So I know the links are all one-sided. So I didn't bother commenting on them.
    Good. Keep it that way; your contribution to this thread (apart from amusingly embarrassing yourself once again) is absolutely zero. If you want to challenge any of the facts, feel free to post. But of course you can't.

As above, no it's not.
    It absolutely is. You -like the other Brexiteer clowns- have failed to disprove a single news item I have posted. Those are facts. The highly negative effect of Brexit on your country is a fact. Go on, try - I'll enjoy seeing you failing once again.

Haha, that's funny! I'm not getting into a willy-waving contest with you. And there's a beautiful irony in misspelling 'intelligence'...
    Wise decision on your side - you know you'll lose. Just like in every argument we ever had.

ReputationRep:
    If OP really were more successful than all of his responders will ever be, how do we not know his name yet? Is he a Rothschild by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    Not quite the quaint picture you are trying to paint I fear. Genuine asylum seekers, war refugees appear not to be the problem in Germany. It's those who have little to no chance of gaining legal status there.
    The study uses data from only one German state, and the rise in crime in that state is not noticeably higher than in the years before the refugee crisis. Asylum seekers from North Africa have been coming to Europe for decades, the numbers didn't rise much over the last years. And just because they have low chances of getting asylum doesn't mean they are not uprooted and traumatized.

Do your homework before spewing your xenophobic, easily-debunked propaganda!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB710344)
    Democracy has its faults. Referendums are one of those faults.
    Saddam Hussain and Col Gaddafi used to get over 90 % votes in referendum.
    Uh, yeah, and those were free, democratic referendums with real options...

I agree with the principle though, referendums on important topics are not a good idea. One cannot give the hordes of mouth-breathing bottom-feeders control over an entire country.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I heard me German say we ran away

If I remember clearly German civilians ran with the swasticka the cowered under the reign of a certain popularised Austrian villain
    They then as xenophobic people raped tortured experimented on and ultimately committed the greatest crime against humanity possible

And they where saved by us England fought against you and freed you and you never paid the damage bill due

I am respectfully gonna decline any outright offensive remarks about us being cowards under a fascists rule when your country did the same and worse

Look we are robots dreaming of electric sheep we are fools we are under big brothers rule and clockwork orange is soon to be common procedure but your offensive rhetoric will never support your cause as it’s bigoted and you know that

The solution is not infighting it’s the polar opposite but if you’re so quick to conflict then you’re just another product being sold as resistance

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.