Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I recently completed a degree in adult nursing. I obtained a 2:2 which is lower than what I was expected due to personal issues which greatly affected my last year whilst writing my dissertation. I have always wanted to become a lecturer at university but they all require a PhD. I know I won't be able to become a lecturer anytime soon but wondered if anyone knew how I could improve on my qualifications. Can I get a masters and PhD?? And if so how?? Thanks

    They don’t all require phds, some don’t even require a masters.

    You’ll have the opportunity to undertake further study as a qualified nurse, if it’s a work related module or course they won’t care what classification you got.

    Have a look at different universities and see what they want when recruiting teaching staff for nursing.

    You can get onto a Masers in some places with a 2:2, especially if you have other experience on top of that. In short, you can do both, but t's a little more difficult at the application stages.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.