Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

After some unsavoury behaviour on the old thread I’ve created this new thread so I can continue answering your queries about Birmingham as a city, uni, med school, offers and interviews etc. I’m a first year med student (as is a_aron) and my stats when I applied were:

GCSEs: 7A*’s, 3A’s
    AS: AA (maths and music)
    Predicted A level grades: A*A*A*A
    Birmingham offer: AAAB (4 subject offer)
    UKCAT: 713 average band 1
    Achieved A level grades: A*ABB (and was still accepted with a B in chem....)

Hope you will all keep asking questions and hopefully will see you at the med school next year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this!!

I am currently in the process of applying for 2018 entry. Birmingham is my second choice

My stats
    GCSEs: 8A*, 2A, 1B
    AS Levels: AAAD
    A2 predicted: A*A*A (at time of application - now AAB so I’ve got to get my **** together pretty fast!) in History, Biology and Chemistry
    UKCAT: 763 avg. SJT Band 1
    Offer calc score: 10/10
    Work ex: quite a bit more than the required 2 weeks - PM me for details 😊

My application to Birmingham
    Application sent: 06/10/2017
    Application acknowledged: 11/10/2017
    Invited to interview: 10/11/2017
    Interviewed on: 06/12/2017
    Offer: 29/01/2018 (grades still to be confirmed)
    Offer confirmation/official letter: will update!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    Thank you for this!!

I am currently in the process of applying for 2018 entry. Birmingham is my second choice

My stats
    GCSEs: 8A*, 2A, 1B
    AS Levels: AAAD
    A2 predicted: A*A*A (at time of application - now AAB so I’ve got to get my **** together pretty fast!) in History, Biology and Chemistry
    UKCAT: 763 avg. SJT Band 1
    Offer calc score: 10/10
    Work ex: quite a bit more than the required 2 weeks - PM me for details 😊

My application to Birmingham
    Application sent: 06/10/2017
    Application acknowledged: 11/10/2017
    Invited to interview: 10/11/2017
    Interviewed on: 06/12/2017
    Offer: 29/01/2018 (grades still to be confirmed)
    Offer confirmation/official letter: will update!
    Heya, thanks for posting great to hear you’ve got an offer, congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any more offers ? 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied to Birmingham and haven't heard from anything since- getting a bit worried. My stats are:

9A*s, 2As, 1B at GCSE
    A in AS Maths
    Predicted A*A*A (Che, Bio, Maths)
    UKCAT 710 average, band 1
    Score on offer calculator was 7.8 ish, cant remember exactly!

I think my stats are decent but perhaps this year overall people have much higher starts. Do you know when they stop interviewing by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangocoke)
    Any more offers ? 😊
    Lol mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangocoke)
    Any more offers ? 😊
    Yep! Got mine on 29th Jan 😁

10A* 2A GCSE
    A in AS maths
    A2 predicted A*A*A*A (Bio, Chem, Maths, German respectively)
    UKCAT: 742.5 avg. SJT band 2
    Offer calc score: 9.4

Also, does anyone know if the offer could be for 4 subjects as opposed to just 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westcw13)
    Yep! Got mine on 29th Jan 😁

10A* 2A GCSE
    A in AS maths
    A2 predicted A*A*A*A (Bio, Chem, Maths, German respectively)
    UKCAT: 742.5 avg. SJT band 2
    Offer calc score: 9.4

Also, does anyone know if the offer could be for 4 subjects as opposed to just 3?
    Congratulations 😊

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had the terms of their offer confirmed? Got told I’d have an offer made to me 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything back, no letters or updates to Track. Should I phone them??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    Has anyone had the terms of their offer confirmed? Got told I’d have an offer made to me 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything back, no letters or updates to Track. Should I phone them??
    That was exactly how I got my offer as well. Don't worry about it being confirmed by Track, that often takes a while. They probably are going to wait until they can make offers to everyone else before they update Track. Congrats on your offer! Just hang tight

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a 4 bedroom house for rent (can be a 5 bedroom if you wish). It's in centeral Birmingham close to the city center, fiveways and the university. 12 month contract! The prices are as follows: the two bedrooms with an en suite shower room is £500 per month. The other bedroom at £400 per month. This house is fully furnished deposit at £250.00. It's beautiful. Text me to set up a viewing and for pictures to be sent over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    I haven't heard from them for more than a month. They said on their website that many will be sent in March (before the end of March) so I think you should wait till then before contacting them. Up to you though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzzzz)
    I haven't heard from them for more than a month. They said on their website that many will be sent in March (before the end of March) so I think you should wait till then before contacting them. Up to you though!
    Yeah it doesn’t come for a while, mine took just over a month to come last year I think

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer on March 14th along with the results for each station!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.