Closer to home or further away? Which is better? Watch

i11EHall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have received offers from all of my university choices (some closer to home than others) but I'm unsure whether I'd prefer to stay nearer to home so I can be close to my family or whether it's better to go further from home so that I can get the most out of my university experience and then I am not tempted to come home every weekend. What is the best root to go down?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by i11EHall)
I have received offers from all of my university choices (some closer to home than others) but I'm unsure whether I'd prefer to stay nearer to home so I can be close to my family or whether it's better to go further from home so that I can get the most out of my university experience and then I am not tempted to come home every weekend. What is the best root to go down?
Maybe somewhere inbetween? it varies some people want to get away frm home and others get homesick . Do a pros and cons. Also look at the cost and difficulty of getting to and from.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Maybe somewhere inbetween? it varies some people want to get away frm home and others get homesick . Do a pros and cons. Also look at the cost and difficulty of getting to and from.
I agree an hour away is good too far to travel back everyday you(can justify halls) but not so far away that you can't come home if you need or want to at the weekend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads