MaryamManan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
An antiserum to a snake toxin can be obtained by injecting the toxin into a horse.The antiserum is made from plasma taken from a horse a few weeks later.The antiserum is used to treat a person who has been bitten by from the same specie of snake.

What does the person’s treatment bring about?

A:artificial active immunity
B:artificial passive immunity
C:natural active immunity
D:natural passive immunity

Help would really be appreciated🙂🙂
Jpw1097
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MaryamManan)
An antiserum to a snake toxin can be obtained by injecting the toxin into a horse.The antiserum is made from plasma taken from a horse a few weeks later.The antiserum is used to treat a person who has been bitten by from the same specie of snake.

What does the person’s treatment bring about?

A:artificial active immunity
B:artificial passive immunity
C:natural active immunity
D:natural passive immunity

Help would really be appreciated🙂🙂
Active immunity is when the immune system is stimulated to produce antibodies and memory cells; passive immunity is when a recipient receives antibodies from an exogenous source. Either of these can be natural or artificial.
Artificial active immunity is induced by a vaccine; the vaccine is artificial, but it still stimulates the immune system to produce its own antibodies and memory cells.
Artificial passive immunity is when antibodies are obtained from an exogenous source (such as an antiserum, or antitoxin) and given to a recipient - this type of immunity is very short-lived.
Natural active immunity is caused by infection with a pathogen which stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies and memory cells.
Natural passive immunity is when maternal antibodies cross the placenta and enter the feotal circulation in utero. These antibodies (which are IgG antibodies) provide protection for a round 6-12 months after birth.
MaryamManan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Jpw1097)
Active immunity is when the immune system is stimulated to produce antibodies and memory cells; passive immunity is when a recipient receives antibodies from an exogenous source. Either of these can be natural or artificial.
Artificial active immunity is induced by a vaccine; the vaccine is artificial, but it still stimulates the immune system to produce its own antibodies and memory cells.
Artificial passive immunity is when antibodies are obtained from an exogenous source (such as an antiserum, or antitoxin) and given to a recipient - this type of immunity is very short-lived.
Natural active immunity is caused by infection with a pathogen which stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies and memory cells.
Natural passive immunity is when maternal antibodies cross the placenta and enter the feotal circulation in utero. These antibodies (which are IgG antibodies) provide protection for a round 6-12 months after birth.
Thank you for the info
Would u help me choosing the answer of this qs?🙂🙂
Jpw1097
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MaryamManan)
Thank you for the info
Would u help me choosing the answer of this qs?🙂🙂
I've given you all the information that you need to answer the question, I'm not going to do your work for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed