Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, we were wondering if any college allocations had been made yet for this year? And also curious to know what college everyone has applied for, and what subject?

ReputationRep:
    History at Josephine Butler (I want to self-cater)- didn't know anything much about the colleges so might have made a big mistake lol

what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddddddie)
    History at Josephine Butler (I want to self-cater)- didn't know anything much about the colleges so might have made a big mistake lol

what about you?
    There are three of us on this account lol, biology at Collingwood, geography at Hilde Bede and politics and int relations at Hatfield

have you heard anything back? The allocations are supposed to start this week I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamgirlz)
    There are three of us on this account lol, biology at Collingwood, geography at Hilde Bede and politics and int relations at Hatfield

have you heard anything back? The allocations are supposed to start this week I think
    nopes, and I didnt know that... you reckon they'll email?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sounds like they will but not sure when ahh!

ReputationRep:
    The process only started today, I got an offer for PPE and applied to university college so… this can either go really good, not too bad or terrible

ReputationRep:
    i applied for marketing and management at Butler, haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know when we should hear back by?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Marketing and Management and got allocated yesterday to University College
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by maddddddie)

what about you?
    JoBo is great do not worry! I have friends who stayed in college during first year and really enjoyed it. They have great facilities, friendly vibe and I think they have their own cafe now? :O Only downside is it's a bit of a ways out, but you can always live out in 2nd and 3rd year, and buses are pretty cheap if not free.

(Cuths btw if you are wondering so I am not biased )

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English lit at Hatfield and got a conditional offer, haven't heard about college allocation yet.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Maths at St. Chad's and I got allocation to Chad's about half an hour ago 😊 Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional for history. Applied to University, got allocated to Grey's... not sure how I feel about that aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebelljar98)
    I have an unconditional for history. Applied to University, got allocated to Grey's... not sure how I feel about that aha
    When did your email come in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting, this is torture!!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Econ at St. Mary's and got my allocation a few hours ago

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, we were wondering if any college allocations had been made yet for this year? And also curious to know what college everyone has applied for, and what subject?
    I applied for NatSci at JB, I have every digit on my limbs crossed that I don't get reallocated since I desperately do not want to share bathroom facilities, I'm a real hypochondriac! I can't believe people are getting emails already, I'm jealous

For all reallocated/open peeps, there's this Tab Guide to Durham that I found super useful to read through a few times - their section on colleges could help with making a decision.

https://thetab.com/guides/guide/durham/

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I applied for University College for combined social science and got allocated today x

ReputationRep:
    I got Stephenson College for English lit and I'm not sure if I'm keen on it

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! I got offered a place at University college YESSS, I was gonna make an open application but thought I should just risk it and go for University college then I was so tempted to call/email and change it to St. John’s, Ahhh so glad I took the risk

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Collingwood? fingers crossed!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.