Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Omggg I'm so happy for you!! They must have really wanted you then It's Cambridge's loss haha
    Thank you!! I'm still trying to process it haha! And I'd never thought about it like that haha. And exactly haha. Durham, theologically outshines Cambridge so I had a lucky escape. I don't even think they read my 15 page essay or saw my 60/60 in Ethics or my A* in RE at GCSE or saw my Amazon offered to be published novel at the age of 15. I think Durham is perfect with its beauty and academia! Lol Durham here I come! You're so kind btw thanks!

Have you applied this year to Durham? Which college/course have you applied to/got into? And what will you study? x

ReputationRep:
    I’ve an offer for Economics and have been allocated to Trevs, which is where I applied to. I really loved the prospect of going there but unfortunately will need to turn it down 😕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Management with Marketing at Exeter (contextual BBB), Durham, Bath (AAA-A*AB), Lancaster (AAB) and Sheffield (ABB). Already firmed Exeter with no insurance. You going to Offer-holders' Open Day at Durham?
    Yes, I'm going Feb 14th. Did you prefer Exeter?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by robinson2)
    Yes, I'm going Feb 14th. Did you prefer Exeter?
    Yeah I've been wanting to go to Exeter since I was in Year 10. The campus, the city - it all just seems like the perfect university to me (and I will get a £1,500 scholarship if I achieve AAB). Durham is amazing too - even better than Exeter in terms of its ranking and prestige - but I don't really think I'd fit in there.

Hope you have a fab time at the open day!

ReputationRep:
    What offer did you guys get? And what were your predicted grades, if you don't mind telling me! (I applied for the same course)
    D*DA* (the Ds are for distinctions on my btec, not Ds haha)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been wanting to go to Exeter since I was in Year 10. The campus, the city - it all just seems like the perfect university to me (and I will get a £1,500 scholarship if I achieve AAB). Durham is amazing too - even better than Exeter in terms of its ranking and prestige - but I don't really think I'd fit in there.

Hope you have a fab time at the open day!
    I agree, Exeter seems amazing! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fish_and_chips)
    Been allocated to JB for Geology. Seems to be very popular this year! Anyone know why?
    Hi! I also have an offer for Geology at JB too aha! Are you thinking of firming it? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamgirlz)
    There are three of us on this account lol, biology at Collingwood, geography at Hilde Bede and politics and int relations at Hatfield

have you heard anything back? The allocations are supposed to start this week I think
    got in yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentvangogh)
    Hi! I also have an offer for Geology at JB too aha! Are you thinking of firming it? x
    I'd already firmed Durham before the allocations started - knew I wanted to go there wherever I got allocated

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya, I got an offer for Marketing and Management and St Mary's college. Is there anyone at the same college? T____T

ReputationRep:
    Was allocated jb for Geography, my choice. Super happy!! Anyone been to see jb yet?

ReputationRep:
    I got Hatfield for Modern Languages and History! Who else is doing History and/or Modern Languages at Hatfield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppjk)
    Was allocated jb for Geography, my choice. Super happy!! Anyone been to see jb yet?
    I visited JB on the open day in September and it was really nice, the most modern of all of the colleges I saw. The halls were really well looked after, and had some amazing gym and music facilities. I didn’t go for it in the end, since I fell in love with another hall but it was definitely my second favourite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddddddie)
    got in yay
    So happy for you and everyone else who got the offers they wanted!

Is anyone going to the post offer visit days?

ReputationRep:
    Worried that I won’t get into a good college if I do get in as Durham are taking so long to reply...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnSwift)
    I have a conditional offer for Psychology and I've been allocated to Collingwood!
    Congrats! I've also been allocated to Collingwood with a conditional offer for Law. Are you going to the offer holder day tomorrow? Are you moving away from home? Hope to see you in October

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take everyone after getting an offer for your college allocation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squiidsquid)
    How long did it take everyone after getting an offer for your college allocation?
    Mine took about a month (granted that's only because I got an offer in early Jan), but my friend's took something like 4 days (both his offer and allocation came after Feb 5th, which is when allocations started). It's all dependent on college and subject, I think - however, you may be able to check by using the post-offer visit day booking system. Your accommodation option will be your college, and you only need an offer confirmation email, not a college allocation email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plklupu)
    Mine took about a month (granted that's only because I got an offer in early Jan), but my friend's took something like 4 days (both his offer and allocation came after Feb 5th, which is when allocations started). It's all dependent on college and subject, I think - however, you may be able to check by using the post-offer visit day booking system. Your accommodation option will be your college, and you only need an offer confirmation email, not a college allocation email.
    I've only gotten the track email no email from durham yet

I tried logging in using the previous emails, but didn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squiidsquid)
    I've only gotten the track email no email from durham yet

I tried logging in using the previous emails, but didn't work
    I'm sure it'll come through tomorrow or the day after!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.