Visit website

Durham University College Allocations 2018

Scroll to see replies

Got Trevelyan, where I applied to
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Anyone else having trouble when inputting their UCAS ID and PIN into the booking open day page? It keeps saying my details are incorrect :frown: Emailed admissions but not knowing my potential college is killing me :bawling:
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Anyone else having trouble when inputting their UCAS ID and PIN into the booking open day page? It keeps saying my details are incorrect :frown: Emailed admissions but not knowing my potential college is killing me :bawling:

This happened to another applicant I talked to - she waited a day or two, and then it worked. Also, if nothing shows up in the accommodation section when you log in and attempt to book, try it on another device - my PC browser didn't work, but on my phone it worked fine.
Original post by plklupu
This happened to another applicant I talked to - she waited a day or two, and then it worked. Also, if nothing shows up in the accommodation section when you log in and attempt to book, try it on another device - my PC browser didn't work, but on my phone it worked fine.

Thank you very much! I'll have to be a bit more patient hehe 😂 Are you planning on going to one of the residentials too?
Thank you very much! I'll have to be a bit more patient hehe 😂 Are you planning on going to one of the residentials too?

Yeah, I've booked the 19th/20th one!
Original post by plklupu
Yeah, I've booked the 19th/20th one!

Aww no I'm planning on going to the 20th/21st one (long story 😂) and it looks like I've been allocated to St Hild and St Bede which is pretty much on the other side of the uni to Butler! :frown: Hope everything goes well, really excited to finally visit Durham though :biggrin:
Aww no I'm planning on going to the 20th/21st one (long story 😂) and it looks like I've been allocated to St Hild and St Bede which is pretty much on the other side of the uni to Butler! :frown: Hope everything goes well, really excited to finally visit Durham though :biggrin:

Damn, sorry you didn't get St John's! I think Hild Bede is the one everyone takes the p*ss out of because it's so far away from everything, haha. I hope you like Durham as much as I did regardless of the reallocation, the facilities are superb, fingers crossed Hild Bede is alright too :smile:
I have an offer for the PHD Law at Durham.

Trying to find a college to apply for that fits this;
a. Near the School of Law
b. Self catered and ensuite.
c. Has a vibrant postgraduate community. I would care less for undergrads honestly.
d. Do not care much for whether it is traditional or modern.

Any suggestions?
Reply 168
Original post by LegalDiaries
I have an offer for the PHD Law at Durham.

Trying to find a college to apply for that fits this;
a. Near the School of Law
b. Self catered and ensuite.
c. Has a vibrant postgraduate community. I would care less for undergrads honestly.
d. Do not care much for whether it is traditional or modern.

Any suggestions?

There’s only 3 self catered + ensuite colleges at Durham, which are Josephine Butler and Stephenson and John Snow.

All other colleges are catered, and don’t have very many en suite rooms.

I’ve only visited Josephine Butler out of these 3, and can say that it is the furthest away from the main campus areas. Have a look on a map where the other two are and some of the online photos/videos to help you get an idea of what is best for you :smile:
Reply 169
applied for music got offered a place in St. Aidens. Why was I not allocated Castle? Closer to Music department. Don't understand this whole collegiate system? Seems....
Original post by logasi
applied for music got offered a place in St. Aidens. Why was I not allocated Castle? Closer to Music department. Don't understand this whole collegiate system? Seems....

Chances are wherever you applied initially had too many Music candidates, so they reallocated you to maintain a rough balance in all the colleges. It's not done by distance to department.
Just been allocated to Josephine Butler for History! So happy!
I applied for PPE without preference and got assigned to Van Mildert around the start of February ((:
I've been allocated St Hild and Bede for Economics. A little worried as I wanted to be allocated Collingwood (I've heard this is the college with the best nights out/parties). Not that it's the be all and end all by any means but I was wondering if anyone's been allocated it/can assure me it's still fun and full of normal people?
I got St Chad's for Business and Management 😁
Original post by VidiaA
I got St Chad's for Business and Management 😁

I'm in Chad's too! We've got a GC, btw. If you want adding, just PM me.
St. Cuth's for Combined Honours in Social Science: History and Politics!
I got allocated Josephine Butler for chemistry. Anyone know much about the college?
Original post by silvathom16
I got allocated Josephine Butler for chemistry. Anyone know much about the college?

Good college, they have excellent accommodation, mostly single occupation and all ensuite .
Original post by silvathom16

Just to add to @VidiaA, it's also the only fully self-catered college, is about 15 minutes' walk from the Lower Mountjoy Science Site, it's the newest having been built in 2006 or 2007 I think, and they share a common facility space with the PG college, Ustinov.

Quick Reply

Latest