purple_cloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to do English Literature at uni, so I want to link my EPQ to it.

Initially, I wanted to do something to do with Memoirs of a Geisha, however, in English Literature I'm doing Women in Literature so they would overlap and now I can't do it.

I need some new ideas asap pls!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bxcks_)
I want to do English Literature at uni, so I want to link my EPQ to it.

Initially, I wanted to do something to do with Memoirs of a Geisha, however, in English Literature I'm doing Women in Literature so they would overlap and now I can't do it.

I need some new ideas asap pls!!
Maybe you could do something about historical literature and its variable accuracy for literary effect? Maybe something about culture and the difference between different nationalities writing about it? i.e Japan or the Far East? Native v traveler v someone who has never been there? Arthur Golden came under a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Geisha and cultural inaccuracies. Im sure there are all sorts of historical fiction whereby they change events to suit themselves. Yu could talk about their motives and examine the relationship between writer and reader and whether they owe a duty to be accurate?
purple_cloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Maybe you could do something about historical literature and its variable accuracy for literary effect? Maybe something about culture and the difference between different nationalities writing about it? i.e Japan or the Far East? Native v traveler v someone who has never been there? Arthur Golden came under a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Geisha and cultural inaccuracies. Im sure there are all sorts of historical fiction whereby they change events to suit themselves. Yu could talk about their motives and examine the relationship between writer and reader and whether they owe a duty to be accurate?
I mean I'm not into history all that much but that concept between movies and books looks interesting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (175)
44.3%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed