Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’ve recently been using the Duac gel. I got it on Thursday and I used it Thursday night and Friday night. At first it was just dry not too bad. However by Saturday night my face was bright red and really burning. I put some moisturiser on and the next day it was still the same. It’s really sore,bright red,it stings,itchy,swollen. I’m not sure if it’s an allergic reaction or if this is normal to happen.its now Monday and my face isn’t any better meaning it’s had 2 nights to recover! Has anyone else suffered from this and if so should I be worried. I’m scared it’s going to be permenant or last for a long time. What should I do, I need help??!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Are you putting it all over the face or just on the acne?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have this right now and its so unpleasant. It feels like my face has really really bad sunburn and my skin is all bumpy. I've been suffering with a sore red itchy and bumpy face now for 3 days and it's not getting any better despite stopping the duac 3 days ago. Im unsure if I've had a reaction or if I just put too much on the last night I used it as I had been using it already for a week prior to that with no issues at all. Did you carry on with the treatment or stop? I don't know whether to let my skin heal and try again one day on one day off or just go back to the gp.

ReputationRep:
    What I recommend you should do is stop using the cream and go to the gp and explain what has happened. They could tell you if you had an allergic reaction or not. They could perhaps take blood tests to see if you are allergic. I think you should keep cleaning your face with cold water to close pores to prevent any dirt coming in your skin and make sure your skin is moist. In Shaa Allah the redness will go away and In Shaa Allah the gp prescribe you with something that can help you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.