Turn on thread page Beta

Have your say: Three reasons you may feel demotivated right now watch

ReputationRep:
    Here's where you can post a comment about our Three reasons you may feel demotivated right now article.

Read the full Three reasons you may feel demotivated right now article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Because I want to eat food and watch Netflix all day.

ReputationRep:
    1) I have depression
    2)
    3)

(couldn’t find the motivation to make two more points)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1) Tired (a fault of mine and my terrible sleep schedule)
    2) I'm just too self-aware of how lazy I am, as well as my lack of self-discipline. This just seems to spiral into thoughts that make me ask myself if it's even worth trying - after all I'm only going to end up where I started.
    3) I just don't think I have enough time, which for some reason doesn't seem to motivate me to start working, but the opposite; instead I'm just in that mindset where I'm thinking right, it's too late now to start, so why even start?

The only thing stopping me is me.

ReputationRep:
    1) Depression
    2) Got into Crusader Kings 2 and am now addicted
    3) I have no understanding in the thing I'm supposed to be doing due to missing a term of classes due to reason 1)

banter is me

ReputationRep:
    1) I sleep till 4pm and miss all the things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    1) I sleep till 4pm and miss all the things
    then you can't sleep until 4am because you're not tired and the cycle continues, i know the drill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    then you can't sleep until 4am because you're not tired and the cycle continues, i know the drill
    Yeah and then the uni in its wisdom makes everything a morning lecture
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depression is pretty demotivating :/

Spoiler:
    Show

yes i thought i would add some variety to this thread

Tired
    No energy
    Depression
    Cba
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sleeping properly. I fall asleep really easily and then I wake up a few hours later and it's crap for the rest of the night

ReputationRep:
    laziness
    Procrastination
    Mild depression

ReputationRep:
    No willpower 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    1) Tired (a fault of mine and my terrible sleep schedule)
    2) I'm just too self-aware of how lazy I am, as well as my lack of self-discipline. This just seems to spiral into thoughts that make me ask myself if it's even worth trying - after all I'm only going to end up where I started.
    3) I just don't think I have enough time, which for some reason doesn't seem to motivate me to start working, but the opposite; instead I'm just in that mindset where I'm thinking right, it's too late now to start, so why even start?

The only thing stopping me is me.
    Sorry, I know you posted this 14 days ago, but wow are you me? This is literally something I could've written about myself lmaoo. If nothing else it's good to see someone else has the same issues.

ReputationRep:
    ITT: depression.

Spoiler:
    Show

i hope you guys are ok and things improve soon :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Because Netflix exist, it takes over my life and takes the life out of me. Causing me to become demotivated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Because Internal Assessment season has passed and I haven't actually done serious homework other than the IAs since October and now i've forgotten how to write essays and study.

ReputationRep:
    The people in this thread are too depressed . This is the only thing that demotivates me.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.