The Student Room Group

Playstation 5 Release date

Hello

Does anyone know when the PlayStation 5 / next PlayStation will be released, roughly?

I am asking as I don't know whether to get a PS4 now or wait until the next console comes out.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by RichardR21
Hello

Does anyone know when the PlayStation 5 / next PlayStation will be released, roughly?

I am asking as I don't know whether to get a PS4 now or wait until the next console comes out.

Thanks
The most recent PS4-based console is effectively a PS5.

Also, learn to use Google for yourself rather than wasting time posting a thread which people will then have to read and try and think of/find an answer.
Original post by Tootles
The most recent PS4-based console is effectively a PS5.

Also, learn to use Google for yourself rather than wasting time posting a thread which people will then have to read and try and think of/find an answer.

FYI I have searched google, finding multiple different answers. IF someone was to know the answer, I'm sure they would reply with a relevant response.

Thanks for your useless input anyway
FYI I have searched google, finding multiple different answers. IF someone was to know the answer, I'm sure they would reply with a relevant response.

Thanks for your useless input anyway

What else can he say? The PS5 hasn't even been confirmed yet.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What else can he say? The PS5 hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Yes I know it hasn't been confirmed. I've searched wide on the internet for that. I wasn't asking if anyone has heard / seen anything as everything online is simply rumours / speculation
Reply 5
not anytime soon
everything online is simply rumours / speculation

lol so there's your answer.
13th November 2020. My dad works for Sony.
I recall reading somewhere that it won't be before 2020. So definitely worth picking up a PS4.
Either early 20s or never with a shift to incremental upgrades every few years rather than complete revamps.
I think the traditional console is on its way out. I would consider buying a console if they were modular/cheaper. Until that happens I will cling to my PC.

The PS5 should be interesting but it obviously just speculation. IPC needs to increase and some movement in hardware.
Original post by NotNotBatman

the way this was only 1 day off the US release date. nice.

*sorry to reply to old thread i had to*
Reply 12
Original post by NotNotBatman

damn my G, that was pretty good guess!

Quick Reply

Latest