Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juju2964)
    Please don't give out answers like that no matter how obvious it is
    Ok sorry

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else's virtual machine running really slowly? I'm trying to use Virtualbox on a Mac and it's pretty much unusable at this point. Can anyone suggest something I could do to make it run faster?

ReputationRep:
    mine's running very slowly now too ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManLineZing)
    The one where you have to edit the javascript to login is annoying AF
    I have worked it out. it is simple.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im trying to run VMWare and VBox on ubuntu 16.04 but when i have installed them they don't open. Can someone help me please

ReputationRep:
    the one thing I'm struggling with the most is how to open the .txt files on the terminal, can anyone shed little light on what I'm doing wrong because I have tried several methods to no avail

ReputationRep:
    I haven't installed VMWare and VBox yet and now I feel like I should've, but some of the challenges that you should use it for, you don't have to necessarily, but I'm gonna go download it now I have wi-fi that works properly (just got it fixed and now stuff loads)

ReputationRep:
    I'm on 100% I'll happily answer any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace.edge)
    the one thing I'm struggling with the most is how to open the .txt files on the terminal, can anyone shed little light on what I'm doing wrong because I have tried several methods to no avail
    To read ANY file (although some files should be read with GHex app that comes on VM) you either type 'cat <file>' which shows the file printed to the terminal or 'less <file>' which allows you to scroll around. To edit the file in terminal you can do 'vim <file>' (I don't reccommend if you aren't familiar) or 'nano <file>' Remember the extensions as well --> cat file.txt or cat file (no extensions)

ReputationRep:
    A quick note- Please don’t give any answers straight out. We can’t tolerate this on this thread. This is only for discussion purposes and pointers. If you’re very stuck, I suggest you pm someone who may have your answer, preferably @juju2964 (seems to be active and knows the rules here) or me.

Secondly, to speed up the VM, I suggest you install VMWARE tools on Windows in order to speed up shortcuts etc., or, if using VirtualBox on Mac, check out the settings within the VM.

I run mine on a MacBook Pro with an i5 processor, and it works just fine. hope this helps!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dab69)
    I'm on 100% I'll happily answer any questions.

How did you manage to find an open port on L12 C8 -- I used nmap and netcat port sniffing but it comes back as no ports...

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give some advice for HQ L6 C8, also has anyone had trouble getting the virtual machine to work, mine keeps saying the file is corrupted

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am really stuck on level 5 challenge 9 like i have no idea where to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnaaaElec)
    How are you all doing in the second stage of Cyber Discovery UK? Just a general chat and stuff
    I haven't done much of it, I've only just completed the one with the corrupted xml file

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob123456!)
    hi, i am really stuck on level 5 challenge 9 like i have no idea where to start.
    Get a user agent switcher where you can set you OWN user agent instead of pre-defined ones like firefox, android etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dai5yl0u)
    Could anyone give some advice for HQ L6 C8, also has anyone had trouble getting the virtual machine to work, mine keeps saying the file is corrupted
    Delete you're old VM files and make redownload new ones if VM isn't working still. You can only run the file in Linux. For L6C8, read under Field manual --> binary --> buffer overflow

ReputationRep:
    Some of your questions have been answered previously in this thread. Please do take the time to scroll back and make sure the answer you’re looking for isn’t already here.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Get a user agent switcher where you can set you OWN user agent instead of pre-defined ones like firefox, android etc
    Hi again, i tried changing some of user agents but the screen is still blank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob123456!)
    Hi again, i tried changing some of user agents but the screen is still blank
    You need to be able to edit what user agent it is not just use the default ones like chrome, firefox, opera etc

ReputationRep:
    You need to be able to edit what user agent it is not just use the default ones like chrome, firefox, opera etc
    so which one is it then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.