Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Slight Anxiety, feeling like I'm being glared at? watch

Announcements

(I am an INFJ, so probably why I always stick to myself.) Every day I walk into my first-hour class, which is my extra credit class, but there are some ''special'' kids in there. ;-; Like I have no problem with that.. but it's basically humiliation, fear of being judged and accused of being ''special'' when actually I am behind on my credits. But people, around me, keep looking at me and cringing as if I were ''staring'' at them. I just wander off in space and sometimes ''look'' at them to figure them out maybe, but all I see is immaturity in them which I can't complain. It's just I'm already getting made fun of, for being seen as walking the halls alone, sitting at the bleachers alone, the cafeteria, hiding behind the bleachers, bathroom stalls, and it seems like I freak people out, but I don't get ''how'', if I know for a fact that this so-called, High School I go to is all about looking like the Kardashians and being all preppy when really your there to learn. .-. I really hate school and wish people would stop staring at me, assuming that I am ''autistic'' when really I'm just the quiet one who sits there to learn, maybe draw or write if work is finished. I really don't know why people keep staring at me for dressing the way I do and instantly freak out as soon as I blow up over an issue? Sometimes people call me, ''Spacing out a lot'' It's so embarrassing!! You have no clue. Anxiety sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's just I'm already getting made fun of, for being seen as walking the halls alone, sitting at the bleachers alone, the cafeteria, hiding behind the bleachers, bathroom stalls, and it seems like I freak people out, but I don't get ''how''
    People are often suspicious of what they don't understand.

If you don't engage with people socially in any way, you will isolate yourself. And people will notice that you're isolated (and wonder why). They will wonder why you are alone so much (and negative rumours & theories on you will proliferate).

I really hate school and wish people would stop staring at me, assuming that I am ''autistic'' when really I'm just the quiet one who sits there to learn, maybe draw or write if work is finished. I really don't know why people keep staring at me for dressing the way I do
    Its not right for people to isolate you because of the way you dress. However if your personal style is very unique and you are projecting an air of hostile defensiveness as you try to avoid people, that combined with a strange style could only add to people's impression that you are an oddball to be avoided.

and instantly freak out as soon as I blow up over an issue?

If you go from being very quiet to very angry and hostile in seemingly almost no amount of time, then yes, that will freak people out.

You have all these thoughts going on in your mind (but because you are not communicating with anyone, nobody will understand you).

Sometimes people call me, ''Spacing out a lot'' It's so embarrassing!! You have no clue. Anxiety sucks.
    Saying that someone is spacing out a lot is rarely ever something said with actual malice. In your anxious/paranoid state, I think you are perceiving a lot of hostility coming from people than what actually exists.

While its very important to study and learn, its also important to develop your social skills, learn to chill and a develop a sense of perspective on yourself. You shouldn't try to be someone you're not (and its really cool that you're artistic!) but your social problems are only going to worsen unless you take a much more proactive approach in dealing with your issues.

There are bound to be other people on the campus who are interested in art and other subjects that you're into (and aren't vapid annoying Kardashian-style people, etc). See if you can seek out some of these people and create some friendships. Take on some extra curricular activities, push yourself out of your comfort zone a little- anxiety issues only get worse when you don't confront them.

ReputationRep:
    There are a number of other explanations for their ‘staring’. Some of them could be dissociated due to a history of past trauma or they could be daydreaming or lost in thought. They may not be thinking about you, but about something else entirely.

The post above has some excellent points .

Thanks for feedback guys! Actually made my day, and yeah I am aware that I need to start interacting, I've been trying lately, but everyone has a group that seems to slightly ignore me, or interrupt me when I say something needing to be said, or sometimes I keep finding myself spacing out a lot and I find the need to escape the group and find someone else who seems to be by themselves reading a book. Sometimes I feel the vibe that they are busy and not needing to be bothered so I always get up and look around, then I find myself in the process of giving up. The school I go to is the worst school than any other school I've been to. Everyone- I mean everyone at my school are thriving to fit in, everyone does drugs, so forth and so on, and I'm not going to be a part of something that I am not going to force myself to get into. Like why ruin your brain? haha!

I do try to interact with my siblings once in awhile and go places with them, hang with their friends, but barely talk unless I felt comfort in needing to say something. But most of the time I come out as random, soft spoken, laid back, mysterious, different, and funny imagination when it comes to asking a bunch of questions or when it comes to politics (I hate that subject btw.) I come up with something random about Trump, and that he shouldn't be judged and so on, he's probably doing great, but the walls reminds me of (some kind of anime I've seen forgot the name) and not everyone has heard of animes, or likes this and that. Everyone is too concerned about relationships, but not about talents and future jobs. Like what college you want to go to? etc. But yeah. Thanks for support!

I really do hate how everyone in my school, isolates me. Every where I sit, everyone runs away. I feel entirely depressed over it. I must give off a "Don't f**** with me" vibe or something like that. Or I'm too laid back and that everyone is afraid of me. Today was the assembly and my face is red as ever typing this. I'm the only one sitting at one spot of the bleachers because everyone ran away! >.< The heck? I may not be an attractive female, but I can't be that scary! I mean I do keep scaring people off unawarely. I don't know if it's because I give off a weird vibe. or what I really don't know, I just know that I am too odd for a normal person! But that's okay I guess, minus specific kind of rumors going around about me or at least I suspect the way everyone looks at me, acts, and murmurs such rude things. It's humiliating.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.