The Student Room Group

Lancaster/Portsmouth/MMU/Sheffield Hallam

Okay, so I got offers for BA Psychology and Linguistics from Lancaster University and the rest of them for BSc Psychology and I am not sure which uni to choose. Could ya'll help?
I 've done my research and academically the initial order is the order of the rating however I am not sure if that alone is convincing enough.
I have visited Lancaster and although I like the uni, how much of a difference would a BA degree make to a BSc in relation if i wanted to pursue psychology further? Portsmouth wise, how is it? ugh guys, i need help.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Original post by jjxrocks
Okay, so I got offers for BA Psychology and Linguistics from Lancaster University and the rest of them for BSc Psychology and I am not sure which uni to choose. Could ya'll help?
I 've done my research and academically the initial order is the order of the rating however I am not sure if that alone is convincing enough.
I have visited Lancaster and although I like the uni, how much of a difference would a BA degree make to a BSc in relation if i wanted to pursue psychology further? Portsmouth wise, how is it? ugh guys, i need help.

Hi :hello:

Congratulations on your offer! :banana: Whether your Psychology degree is a BA or BSc shouldn't matter in regards to pursuing Psychology as a career or for further study, as long as the degree provides Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). This accreditation allows you to undertake further training as a psychologist. Further info on psychology careers can be found on the BPS website.

Have you had a chance to visit MMU yet? We find that visiting your university choices often helps students to make that final decision of which offer to take up. You can book your place on one of our Applicant Visit Days here :smile:

Detailed info on our BSc (Hons) Psychology can be found here. This course is accredited with the BPS.

Give us a shout if you have any more questions! :smile:

Matt

Quick Reply

Latest