The Student Room Group

Should I feel guilty about not having a job during sixth form?

I'm currently in year 13 and I haven't had a job yet throughout sixth form as my A levels have been my top priority and I haven't been able to find one that fits around my schedule. However most of my friends do have one and some of then have even called me lazy for not having a job yet. My plan was to work over summer to save up a bit for uni but hearing them call me lazy has made me feel a bit guilty :/
Not really.

Your education is very very important.

You can get a job over the summer as you say.
Was probs the best thing not having one
Can focus on your studies then bc we all know how hard A levels are
There's no need to feel guilty. If you don't need a job, you don't have to get one. Your education should always come first anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently in year 13 and I haven't had a job yet throughout sixth form as my A levels have been my top priority and I haven't been able to find one that fits around my schedule. However most of my friends do have one and some of then have even called me lazy for not having a job yet. My plan was to work over summer to save up a bit for uni but hearing them call me lazy has made me feel a bit guilty :/

As long as you're prioritizing your education, there's nothing wrong with not having a job. Like you say, you can work during summer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending