Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Three weeks ago, I had my mocks which are obviously very important and I revised very hard for a week previously for. Last week, I got all my results back and I’m failing all but one. A pass is a 5 and I’m currently on: chemistry- 1, physics-2 classics- 2 spanish- 3 history-1 RE-2 English-1 maths-1 and the only one I passed was biology and I got a 5 in that. I’m not under any delusions that I’ve done well but I’m worried because I have my exams in may and obviously I need to do well. Any advice is welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Try completely switching up how you revise. If you revised hard for these mocks and didn't perform well, it's either due to a lack of understanding or ineffective revision.
    By changing how you revise, you may find it all much easier. Try and make it more proactive - lots of testing, practice questions, past paper questions etc. And switch how you take the information on board - use youtube videos, podcasts, diagrams etc. May find that one is much more effective for you personally than others.
    And then wherever the understanding is lacking, go and talk to your teachers and see what resources you can find online .

Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    Damn you need to work your ass off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MimiSeneca)
    Try completely switching up how you revise. If you revised hard for these mocks and didn't perform well, it's either due to a lack of understanding or ineffective revision.
    By changing how you revise, you may find it all much easier. Try and make it more proactive - lots of testing, practice questions, past paper questions etc. And switch how you take the information on board - use youtube videos, podcasts, diagrams etc. May find that one is much more effective for you personally than others.
    And then wherever the understanding is lacking, go and talk to your teachers and see what resources you can find online .

Hope this helps !
    How did you manage to get a 1 in maths when it’s only 46/240 needed to get a 4 which is a low pass?? Did you get under 10 marks or something?? I’m pretty sure you jut need to think outside the box and don’t leave any questions blank
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Start revising now for your exams, a week isn't long enough. You need to get really organised, start by putting your subjects in priority order, including English and Maths in the top of the list. Then get a diary put in the exam dates and then work backwards to today giving yourself notices of the time to go. Then you need to work out what needs to be revised, when to do mock papers etc. Do cheat sheets, mind maps etc to get it done.

Start a good coverage of your priority ones each day with the others too, but they aren't as important so can have less time. Increase your revision as you approach the exams. You should be doing flash cards now, finalising mind maps and cheat sheets. Check your curriculum and make sure you tick off as you learn.

Remember to pass those exams is your job for now until you actually sit that exam, so work at it really hard. You have about 14 weeks to the GCSE exams, so get yourself moving. It is doable, as long as you start now.

ReputationRep:
    You could try revising for more than a week.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A week is not nearly enough for revision. Start now and bear in mind it's better to revise little and often than to cram it into one mega-session once a week. I would be revising every day between now and the exams. Do lots of past papers and make sure you mark them so you know where you lost points and what you need more practice with, watch youtube videos so that you understand methods especially for maths, make yourself some flash cards to practice terminology and definitions. Good luck, you can definitely improve on those results but you must commit to hard work and lots and lots of revision.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.