Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Required for Cambridge university. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be taking 2 of my GCSEs this year and the rest next year. I have been planning to go Cambridge university since young and was wondering what kind of grades do I need to get.
    All As at least or all A* or a mixture?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kuchan)
    I am going to be taking 2 of my GCSEs this year and the rest next year. I have been planning to go Cambridge university since young and was wondering what kind of grades do I need to get.
    All As at least or all A* or a mixture?
    Cambridge has quite a relaxed GCSE min policy, but it doesnt do you any harm to do well. More interested in A levels and other aspects of your application.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    There is no single answer for this, it depends on your individual circumstances. The average successful candidate has 7A*, but if you don't think you'll reach that, please don't be put off completely! Especially if you don't go to a great school, Cambridge will take that into account and cut you some slack with your results.
    GCSEs are only one small part of the admissions process and an application which is strong in other areas can make up for lower gcse grades.

if Cambridge has been your dream since you were young and you think you have a good chance of reaching the standard offer for your course at A level, I encourage you to just go for it and apply. You don't want to be wondering 'what if?' for the rest of your life!

best of luck

ReputationRep:
    there's this one legend who got into cambridge with 2 B's and 4C's , he got amazing A-levels though (A*AA i think)

look up ibz mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza154)
    There is no single answer for this, it depends on your individual circumstances. The average successful candidate has 7A*, but if you don't think you'll reach that, please don't be put off completely! Especially if you don't go to a great school, Cambridge will take that into account and cut you some slack with your results.
    GCSEs are only one small part of the admissions process and an application which is strong in other areas can make up for lower gcse grades.

if Cambridge has been your dream since you were young and you think you have a good chance of reaching the standard offer for your course at A level, I encourage you to just go for it and apply. You don't want to be wondering 'what if?' for the rest of your life!

best of luck
    Thank you 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.