Turn on thread page Beta

What happens if you have burger and chips every night watch

ReputationRep:
    you die.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Feastful)
    There's nothing wrong with treating yourself, however right now you are crossing the threshold of "treats" and into general poor diet.

If you're going to eat any high calorie food, then make sure you eat it for breakfast (and certainly no later than lunch). This at least will give your body the time to process all the calories better (or think of meals like this: Breakfast= power yourself up for a long day ahead, Lunch= keep yourself going maintain balanced energy levels, supper= time to wind down the calories/sugar/caffeine etc for the day).

Burgers aren't actually a very good source of protein because they have so much added fat and starch etc.

If your diet is lacking in protein (or you are struggling to find ways to get protein into your diet in general), then I really recommend getting a cookbook like this one of this ones below.

100 High Protein Lunches:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Protei...s=high+protein

High Protein Sweet Treats:

Plant-Protein Recipes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plant-Prote...budget+protein

Budget cooking:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Budget...budget+cooking

(And if you're strapped for time), Five Ingredients 10 minutes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Five-Ingred...minute+cooking

Etc.

There's a whole world of fantastic cookbooks out there!

I myself used to struggle with meal idea's and dietary diversity in the past, but ever since I invested in some decent cookery books, it hasn't been any problem at all (and I have saved a lot of money and found it much easier to stay slim). If you don't have much money to spend on books too, there are thousands of secondhand cookbooks that can be snapped up on Ebay or Amazon or other places for £1 or less.
    Strong profile pic to advice ratio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Strong profile pic to advice ratio
    Lol I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that XD .

(Profile pic is in reference to an art piece that I did)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that XD .

(Profile pic is in reference to an art piece that I did)
    All the sudden I think i like art now😏😏😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I moved to a diet and that involved more fat and less carbs just to test it out and I lost 7 pounds in a month.

There is probably something in this. In which case the beef part of your diet equation is most likely not an issue if you are worried about getting fat or diabaties.
    Carbs are broken down to sugar in the body and generally as a result contain more calories than fatty foods. Hence why you lost weight.

With that being said, if the food you ate was saturated fat then you are destroying yourself internally.

High fat diets should be more like fish, avacado/coconut ect..

Carbs are also not bad for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For the past month or so I've been ordering burger and chips most nights and now it's the only thing I crave. Normal dinners that I used to cook just don't compare. I often go for gbk burgers, how bad on my health is this?
    Call the Americans and they give you a green card 💳

There's nothing wrong with treating yourself, however right now you are crossing the threshold of "treats" and into general poor diet.

If you're going to eat any high calorie food, then make sure you eat it for breakfast (and certainly no later than lunch). This at least will give your body the time to process all the calories better (or think of meals like this: Breakfast= power yourself up for a long day ahead, Lunch= keep yourself going maintain balanced energy levels, supper= time to wind down the calories/sugar/caffeine etc for the day).

Burgers aren't actually a very good source of protein because they have so much added fat and starch etc.

If your diet is lacking in protein (or you are struggling to find ways to get protein into your diet in general), then I really recommend getting a cookbook like this one of this ones below.

100 High Protein Lunches:

High Protein Sweet Treats:

Plant-Protein Recipes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plant-Prote...budget+protein

Budget cooking:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Budget...budget+cooking

(And if you're strapped for time), Five Ingredients 10 minutes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Five-Ingred...minute+cooking

Etc.

There's a whole world of fantastic cookbooks out there!

I myself used to struggle with meal idea's and dietary diversity in the past, but ever since I invested in some decent cookery books, it hasn't been any problem at all (and I have saved a lot of money and found it much easier to stay slim). If you don't have much money to spend on books too, there are thousands of secondhand cookbooks that can be snapped up on Ebay or Amazon or other places for £1 or less.
    Thanks I appreciate that. Definitely need some meal inspiration. You'll be pleased to know I didn't order a burger tonight even though I am still craving one. I reckon this is because I cut out meat for a while, I now feel unsatisfied unless my meal is ridiculously carby or contains meat.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Wait.. you're shameful_burrito?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Wait.. you're shameful_burrito?
    I heard of that legend. Heard he was one sexy mofo

ReputationRep:
    So glad I stumbled upon this post! I'm experiencing the same problem, and the thing is, I'm so thin people can mistake me for being anorexic so I can use junk food as an excuse to gain weight (doesn't work lol).

Eating too much takeaway has already started taking a toll on me. I'm getting glasses this Saturday. DK if they're related, but... Also, I sometimes have pain in my heart.

Please, stop while you're ahead! You're gonna ruin your body.

I heard of that legend. Heard he was one sexy mofo
    I hate that dude, he's my ex. Alas, you'll never know the tale behind our relationship since you ain't him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hate that dude, he's my ex. Alas, you'll never know the tale behind our relationship since you ain't him.
    Wow that burrito guy been slayin even on TSR?

I’m curious to hear your relationship...If I’m not being too noisy here

(Original post by Sidra.I)
    So glad I stumbled upon this post! I'm experiencing the same problem, and the thing is, I'm so thin people can mistake me for being anorexic so I can use junk food as an excuse to gain weight (doesn't work lol).

Eating too much takeaway has already started taking a toll on me. I'm getting glasses this Saturday. DK if they're related, but... Also, I sometimes have pain in my heart.

Please, stop while you're ahead! You're gonna ruin your body.
    Thanks this is what I needed. Yeah I've always been really skinny, used to think it was just fast metabolism but I think it was also because if I don't like something I won't eat it. So I can be quite fussy and get bored of stuff and end up just living off crisps and rubbish snacks. Since being at uni and ordering takeaways all the time and actually eating a normalish amount I'm still very slim but I'm a healthier size. Probably because I now also workout a bit. So yeah for quite a long time I've been fine eating it because gaining weight would be a good thing. But I guess there are much healthier ways I could be doing so.

ReputationRep:
    You are what you eat!
    I tend to get called a p*ssy
    and you know what my response is?

Read the first sentance

ReputationRep:
    You get PHAT

ReputationRep:
    You get fat unfortunately

(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    You get fat unfortunately
    Since second year uni I've been regularly ordering takeaways. It's only these past couple of months where it's been most nights. Still not fat and if anything I'd like to put on weight. I'm just starting to get a bit more concerned about internal health.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Since second year uni I've been regularly ordering takeaways. It's only these past couple of months where it's been most nights. Still not fat and if anything I'd like to put on weight. I'm just starting to get a bit more concerned about internal health.
    If your poop is black, white or green (been there, done that) chill on the junk food

If your poop is black, white or green (been there, done that) chill on the junk food
    My sh*t is looking great ngl.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My sh*t is looking great ngl.
    Then keep going :borat:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.