Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Creative Writing and I'm thinking of making it my firm choice but I'm worried it won't be a good choice.
    What do students at Brunel think of the university and looking back would you have chosen a different university?
    Also, I'm an international student so how is the international community at Brunel and is it easy to fit in?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by margaridamr)
    I have an offer for Creative Writing and I'm thinking of making it my firm choice but I'm worried it won't be a good choice.
    What do students at Brunel think of the university and looking back would you have chosen a different university?
    Also, I'm an international student so how is the international community at Brunel and is it easy to fit in?
    Thanks
    You can look for students here. Also look at where grads end up and links with industry. How easily you fit in depends on how hard you try to integrate. Most UK unis have big and active international communities but if you only stick to them then you're unlikely to integrate.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy it to an extent I think the people are pretty nice and open, administration seems alright too. I def prefer it to another uni I went to for a month (Kingston) however brunel isn't in central London and uxbridge is the deadestttt place ever not much going on and it's from central. There are a lot of international students so you'll fit in fine however one of my international friends lives on campus and hates since it's depressing and jus ugly tbh,also another one of my friends is moving to a diff uni next year because she finds the uni depressing, struggling to make friends she does business btw maybe theyre more uptight? you shud def visit if you haven't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isuni4me)
    I enjoy it to an extent I think the people are pretty nice and open, administration seems alright too. I def prefer it to another uni I went to for a month (Kingston) however brunel isn't in central London and uxbridge is the deadestttt place ever not much going on and it's from central. There are a lot of international students so you'll fit in fine however one of my international friends lives on campus and hates since it's depressing and jus ugly tbh,also another one of my friends is moving to a diff uni next year because she finds the uni depressing, struggling to make friends she does business btw maybe theyre more uptight? you shud def visit if you haven't
    Thank you for your reply
    unfortunately, It's expensive to travel there so I have to stick with everything I find online. hopefully, I'll have a better experience than your friends had...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You can look for students here. Also look at where grads end up and links with industry. How easily you fit in depends on how hard you try to integrate. Most UK unis have big and active international communities but if you only stick to them then you're unlikely to integrate.
    Thank you, I just connected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by margaridamr)
    Thank you for your reply
    unfortunately, It's expensive to travel there so I have to stick with everything I find online. hopefully, I'll have a better experience than your friends had...
    The uni is great in my opinion. Uxbridge isnt dead, its just not central london. The on campus accomodation is fine. By ugly i take it thats a complaint of the brutalist architecture (google brunel uni lecture centre)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    The uni is great in my opinion. Uxbridge isnt dead, its just not central london. The on campus accomodation is fine. By ugly i take it thats a complaint of the brutalist architecture (google brunel uni lecture centre)
    That's great to read! I guess people's opinion on it depends a lot on their perspective and personal likes from what I've seen

ReputationRep:
    although i don't actually go there, i have been to an open day and an applicant visit day. brunel, as it's in london, is incredibly multicultural - there are often ethnicity/nationality clubs, and if there isn't one for you, you can found your own! i'm sure you'll find plenty of friends from wherever you're from, and even then, you'll most likely find friends in your dorm, classes or other clubs.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellisfifellis)
    although i don't actually go there, i have been to an open day and an applicant visit day. brunel, as it's in london, is incredibly multicultural - there are often ethnicity/nationality clubs, and if there isn't one for you, you can found your own! i'm sure you'll find plenty of friends from wherever you're from, and even then, you'll most likely find friends in your dorm, classes or other clubs.
    Thank you!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.