Turn on thread page Beta

I want to work as an NCS mentor in the summer but i'm scared of heights. watch

ReputationRep:
    I really want to work as a mentor for the NCS programme in the summer mainly due to the pay and experience working with teens. However, some of the activities I didn't participate in when I went as a participant which involve heights put me off as I know I will have to support others during the activities as a mentor not just cope myself.. any advice ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’ve done it before and hopefully will do it again this summer. Just as with the participants, no one will force you into doing anything with heights! You’ll be fine, and you’ll have a senior mentor/another mentor with the group anyway, so they can take one for the team and do it instead. Or, use it as the perfect opportunity to conquer the fear, your team will be behind you I’m sure.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.