Turn on thread page Beta

I'm going to try to make this really simple. Please answer quick...
    I have been a little out of my mind, I think I am just depressed, my teachers and friends think so too. My mother doesn't realize, I have told her and she told me to deal with it. I have been missing a lot of college days, and just going to the library where I sleep, or stare at the wall and do nothing and spend most of the time hating myself and life in general.
    The college called and told my mum about the days I missed, she is super furious, but I don't feel like talking or explaining myself since she doesn't understand me I don't see the point in wasting my breath. AAAH she is going to start the drama later when I least expect since I haven't been answering her for past few minutes.

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You have to motivate yourself somehow
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Karina.)
    You have to motivate yourself somehow
    I have tried, I will be ok for 2-3 days then go back to what my life has become. I don't have anything that motivates me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to try to make this really simple. Please answer quick...
    I have been a little out of my mind, I think I am just depressed, my teachers and friends think so too. My mother doesn't realize, I have told her and she told me to deal with it. I have been missing a lot of college days, and just going to the library where I sleep, or stare at the wall and do nothing and spend most of the time hating myself and life in general.
    The college called and told my mum about the days I missed, she is super furious, but I don't feel like talking or explaining myself since she doesn't understand me I don't see the point in wasting my breath. AAAH she is going to start the drama later when I least expect since I haven't been answering her for past few minutes.
    Speaking honestly about your problems is the first step and the last you have to confront whatever is making you depressed no matter how much you fear or it hurts
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Are you getting help for your depression?

ReputationRep:
    There are many ways to deal with depression but only one works social interaction and counseling/ speaking to someone about your problems and realising what is making you depressed

Every time you speak honestly about it and they listen and are honest back a bit of weight will be lifted if your at college there should be a counseling program im open to listen aswell

ReputationRep:
    But I understand messaging about anything too personal might be hard over a forum you can message me directly or simply don't its up to you but I really would recommend speaking with someone I was once depressed albeit on a worse scale

(Original post by Lejax)
    Speaking honestly about your problems is the first step and the last you have to confront whatever is making you depressed no matter how much you fear or it hurts
    I can't talk to my mum. I know it sounds stupid and a bit crazy, but I really can't, it feels like I'm giving her ammunition to hurt me in the future. When we argue she uses stuff like this to hurt me, and it usually does, so I refuse to talk to her about how I feel or anything like that.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Are you getting help for your depression?
    Not really.. I see the college counselor when someone cancels. I'm on the waiting list to have sections with her again.

(Original post by Lejax)
    But I understand messaging about anything too personal might be hard over a forum you can message me directly or simply don't its up to you but I really would recommend speaking with someone I was once depressed albeit on a worse scale
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Then not her but someone personally I know that its hard to find people to talk to about this they either avoid itmor say everythings going to be fine

Some times you feel scared about how they will re act or worry about them

There are people who you can talk to and as I said I can talk and listen I'm transparent ask me anything and I will answer honestly

ReputationRep:
    Ahh sorry my connection was acting up

ReputationRep:
    I believe you can make it through what ever your going through it seems hard and sometimes it just doesn't get easier but over time you will find there are things worth working hard for

The smiles people make when your chatting in person their stories lives loves and the things they say that their gonna do

The music art and inspirational **** you might not often see these things honestly make life worth the trouble

And find a goal something you want because having a clear dream your pursuing no matter how great it makes things so much smoother and empowers you

ReputationRep:
    Lastly don't doubt yourself I spent a long time questioning can I and even longer on regret but why regret I made mistakes no I made choices and yes some where bad but that's life

we walk through windows of opportunity and tread on shattered glass we win and lose gain and take never regret your decisions you are who you are because of them and if you regret them surely that makes you a good person that means you want and can be better

You must make mistakes to truly learn and be great and all your flaws are you their what make you amazing and special I cannot evewr walk in your shoes nor you in mine so don't hold yourself to my standards make your own

ReputationRep:
    when you're in a bad way, the first thing I advise you to do is talk to someone, be it on the internet, a therapist, friends, siblings, family. Musing your thoughts out loud helps to clear things up, i have been in a similar place and to resolve it a keep a diary where I let my feelings out on paper. it really helps you keep track of your emotions and feel relief for not bottling it all in
    as for your mum, maybe she doesn't see the symptoms the same as you do , and that's completely normal as she is not living inside your head and thinking your thoughts. just be honest with her and tell her you need support from her when youre feeling down.
    hope you're feeling more positive soon X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Lejax)
    I believe you can make it through what ever your going through it seems hard and sometimes it just doesn't get easier but over time you will find there are things worth working hard for

The smiles people make when your chatting in person their stories lives loves and the things they say that their gonna do

The music art and inspirational **** you might not often see these things honestly make life worth the trouble

And find a goal something you want because having a clear dream your pursuing no matter how great it makes things so much smoother and empowers you
    None of this things motivate anymore, I'm really thankful for the help and I will probably try to face it tomorrow or tonight depending on how angry my mum and the college are. I'm not giving up on life it just feels like a waste of time.. I really want to have dreams and goals but it's like nothing excites me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanleyoldfield)
    when you're in a bad way, the first thing I advise you to do is talk to someone, be it on the internet, a therapist, friends, siblings, family. Musing your thoughts out loud helps to clear things up, i have been in a similar place and to resolve it a keep a diary where I let my feelings out on paper. it really helps you keep track of your emotions and feel relief for not bottling it all in
    as for your mum, maybe she doesn't see the symptoms the same as you do , and that's completely normal as she is not living inside your head and thinking your thoughts. just be honest with her and tell her you need support from her when youre feeling down.
    hope you're feeling more positive soon X
    Your completely right writing really does help awh I should have thought of that

Don't laugh as a lad I write poetry when I'm sad it really helps though drawing also helps draw out whatever you feel like and it calms you and leak out any negative thoughts

Also exercise when your down as hard as it is of course when your down it releases the stress and produces dopamine if I remember right what I admit helps chil you out

I also did Thai boxing for that

ReputationRep:
    Like I said though don't expect it to be easy its actually a real struggle
    Depression is more of a numbness to things than being upset and many a time I struggled to tell whether I was depressed my autism was active or I was a pycho I just couldn't feel anything my dog died and I had.to force myself to cry

ReputationRep:
    Its an evil thing

I'd feel like an outsider in any conversation I never could feel that reaction you have for friends or loved ones I would play the perfect person and everyone loved me no one knew I felt like a robot answering without any heart I didn't cry yet I wanted too I didn't smile when I knew I should I just observed as life goes by

But i m not that way anymore it was hard as I said and it took me longer than !most as I was all alone no one helped or was aware and I was wrong to away from how I felt thats what made so in lack of a better term ****ed even know I have my moments of pessimism but I'm happy with that that's what makes me human

I get sad I get lonely I get angry and I feel love it hurts but its good and I know you can do this too perhaps you might need help I know I did but its all just a obstacle after you've overcome it you won't just be good you will be better adversity makes us cool funny mad sure but who doesn't like a funny mad person all the best people are

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.